Where to buy 3rd party Roof Racks for 04 Vue ???

Old June 26th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tarnum

Default Where to buy 3rd party Roof Racks for 04 Vue ???

Looking for suggestions on where to buy 3rd party roof racks for an
04 Vue. I prefer not to buy at the Saturn Dealer... too pricey.

Thanks,
Old June 28th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Check out your local bike shop. Yakima, Graber and Thule are some brands I
know of. Shop online too you might find a better price.

--
marx404

_________________

Old June 30th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BE[_2_]

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Bill-D... 07363QQsofpZ0

I bought a pair for my Ion3 New and delivered as promised...

Old June 30th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Tarnum wrote:
> Looking for suggestions on where to buy 3rd party roof racks for an
> 04 Vue. I prefer not to buy at the Saturn Dealer... too pricey.

I doubt if Yakima or Thule make a mounting kit for the Vue, so you're
going to have to get the factory rack from somewhere.
Old June 30th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tarnum

On Jun 29, 9:51 pm, "BE" > wrote:
> http://search.stores.ebay.com/Bill-D...c-Buick_Vue-ro...
>
> I bought a pair for my Ion3 New and delivered as promised...
>
> "Tarnum" > wrote in message

> > Looking for suggestions on where to buy 3rd party roof racks for an
> > 04 Vue. I prefer not to buy at the Saturn Dealer... too pricey.

> > Thanks,

Thanks for the link. Looks good. Am carrying a canoe so the other
possible option i was considering was using foam blocks under the
gunnels. Has anyone ever tried that on a Vue???
Old July 2nd 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Tarnum wrote:
> Looking for suggestions on where to buy 3rd party roof racks for an
> 04 Vue. I prefer not to buy at the Saturn Dealer... too pricey.
>
> Thanks,

Look at "http://www.rv-inno.com/" specifially
"http://www.rv-inno.com/fitguide/images/33-saturn.pdf".

They do have a kit for the 04 Vue without a factory rack.

You need three pieces, the SU Stays, the K536 fit hooks, and the bars
(50"). See
"http://snowboards-for-sale.com/snowboard_rack/Saturn/Vue+without+Factory+Rack/2002/2006/"
for one seller of these where it would cost you US$210 for the base
system without any attachments.

There is an advantage to getting a rack like this over the factory rack
and that's that it's much more secure to have the stays sitting in the
track but having the hooks go over the edge of the roof than to rely on
the sheet metal screws holding the factory rails onto the car (this goes
for all vehicles). This is especially important when you're carrying
things like canoes and kayaks, less important when you're just carrying
skis.

Old July 2nd 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Old July 4th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BE[_2_]

"Tarnum" > wrote in message

I would just use the foam blocks. I hauled a canoe around for years with
just foam blocks.

TJ Hardtop Roof Racks? Clap Trap Jeep 5 July 30th 07 04:35 AM
Honda Roof Racks Al[_1_] Honda 3 July 27th 06 03:48 PM
Removable roof racks? Mark Carroll Saturn 3 September 6th 05 11:47 PM
'02 Jetta Wagon roof racks Craig Faison VW water cooled 15 March 26th 05 04:17 AM
Who makes Explorer roof racks? Scot Ford Explorer 1 November 12th 04 08:12 PM