Bullet nose Studebaker getting busted in the windy city.

Old January 8th 14, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default Bullet nose Studebaker getting busted in the windy city.

http://theoldmotor.com
Old January 8th 14, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
wrote:

>http://theoldmotor.com

Terrific web site for old motors.
Old January 8th 14, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:43:26 PM UTC-6, Vic Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
>
> wrote:
>

> >http://theoldmotor.com

> Terrific web site for old motors.

I have an old Studebaker bullet nose ring with the bullet in the middle, just like the one in that theoldmotor.com picture. I am not sure just what year Studebaker it was originally on. I bought it at Goodwill a bunch of years ago.
Old January 9th 14, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek

wrote:

>http://theoldmotor.com

All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.
Old January 9th 14, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_4_]

Bill Vanek > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
> wrote:
>
>>http://theoldmotor.com

> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

And
engine would be burning and leaking oil;
engine would be hard to start in the wet;
shocks and tires would have lasted 15,000 miles;
steering would have lots of play in it;
the brakes would be pulling, grabbing, and moaning, if they worked at all;
the gas gauge would be broken;
at least one door handle would not work.

The good old days, indeed.

--
Tegger
Old January 9th 14, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:20:37 AM UTC-6, Tegger wrote:
> Bill Vanek > wrote in
>
> :
>

> > On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >

> > wrote:

> >>http://theoldmotor.com

> > All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

> And
>
> engine would be burning and leaking oil;
>
> engine would be hard to start in the wet;
>
> shocks and tires would have lasted 15,000 miles;
>
> steering would have lots of play in it;
>
> the brakes would be pulling, grabbing, and moaning, if they worked at all;
>
> the gas gauge would be broken;
>
> at least one door handle would not work.
>

> The good old days, indeed.
>

> --
>
> Tegger

Worn out,,, Reminds me of most of the old second hand/used cars I have owned before. Second hand Rose,,, second hand clothes,,, they all call her second hand Rose....
Old January 9th 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2014-01-09, Bill Vanek > wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
> wrote:
>
>>http://theoldmotor.com

> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

Chicago can still do that to a modern car.

Old January 9th 14, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Brent > wrote:
>On 2014-01-09, Bill Vanek > wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>http://theoldmotor.com

>> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

>Chicago can still do that to a modern car.

Hell, lots of places in Chicago you leave your car, you come back in
7 minutes to find the hubcaps and radio gone.
--scott
Old January 9th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:43:31 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Brent > wrote:
>
> >On 2014-01-09, Bill Vanek > wrote:

> >> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

> >Chicago can still do that to a modern car.

> Hell, lots of places in Chicago you leave your car, you come back in
>
> 7 minutes to find the hubcaps and radio gone.
>
> --scott

Don't park on the street in down town New Orleans either.
Old January 10th 14, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek

On 9 Jan 2014 17:43:31 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>Brent > wrote:
>>On 2014-01-09, Bill Vanek > wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
>>> wrote:

http://theoldmotor.com

>>> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

>>Chicago can still do that to a modern car.

>Hell, lots of places in Chicago you leave your car, you come back in
>7 minutes to find the hubcaps and radio gone.
>--scott

8 radios stolen in two years out of one car, including once while I
was at the insurance office filing a claim for a radio stolen a few
days before. Last straw? You bet.

On the road....a Hudson 05/14] - 100_4773 1951 Hudson Commodore 6 detail (windy).JPG (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 1 June 16th 08 03:58 AM
Dodged a bullet tonight necromancer Driving 6 April 7th 07 04:26 AM
Repost by request of Zilbandy: 1951 Studebaker Starlight Coupe Bullet-Nose Grille Detail Light Blue (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 286162 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 02:41 AM
Bullet Hole PJ Corvette 7 July 2nd 06 01:42 AM
Rust Bullet WES PEARSON VW air cooled 0 January 25th 05 08:30 PM