'05 k1500 Tires

Old March 1st 05, 09:17 PM

Default '05 k1500 Tires

I'm looking at replacing my stock tires (265/70/17) with something
larger and was wondering what my options are. I'm wanting the Goodyear
MT/R's in 285/70/17 or preferably 305/70/17. Has anyone tried either
of these sizes on an '05 Crew Cab Silverado w Z71. I'm willing to cut
the wheel-well liners and raise with torsion adjustments but would like
to avoid the purchase of a lift.

Old March 21st 05, 03:36 PM
Kenner Costen

I am running Dunlop Mujd Rovers 305/70/16 just fine on my 88 K1500 stock
height. I do notice "some" fender bottoming on extreme hard bumps, but other
wise work juyst fine. Also Dunlop is owned these days by Goodyear, same tire
over half the cost! I paid $108 a pop from Sams Club, where as same tire w/
Goodyear branding was $244

ups.com...

Old March 25th 05, 08:34 PM

I run 285/75/r16 bfg AT KOs on my 2000. Had to turn the T-Bars about 3
turns to get the truck to ride as level as possible without a
lumbercart ride. I have no rubbing even at full stuff!

HTH,

Derek

What size tires can/should I get for my 99 Ram 1500 Sport? [email protected] Chrysler 0 February 1st 05 09:11 PM
Bad Tires? tfandango Ford Explorer 8 January 28th 05 05:26 PM
opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM
Should all 4 tires be inflated to the same pressure ? Juan General 7 March 15th 04 03:09 PM