saturn sw2

Old May 2nd 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default saturn sw2

I have a 1994 Saturn sw2, first the cooling fan quit working, I checked the
relays and replaced the temperature switch, the fan motor worked when off of
the car and power put to it. Now it still does not work on the car. I am
not getting a warning light, but the car is running hot. Should I go ahead
and replace the fan motor? Second when you go up a hill the car hesitates
and acts like it wants to back fire. Only when going up a hill. I had an
engine put in it last year and a water pump. What should I look for and what
could this be? Any help please.

Cindy
Old May 2nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Tue, 02 May 2006 19:41:10 GMT, "CINDY1964" <u21451@uwe> wrote:

>I have a 1994 Saturn sw2, first the cooling fan quit working, I checked the
>relays and replaced the temperature switch, the fan motor worked when off of
>the car and power put to it. Now it still does not work on the car. I am
>not getting a warning light, but the car is running hot. Should I go ahead
>and replace the fan motor? Second when you go up a hill the car hesitates
>and acts like it wants to back fire. Only when going up a hill. I had an
>engine put in it last year and a water pump. What should I look for and what
>could this be? Any help please.
>
>Cindy

On my daughters car, it does not come on until the gauge reads 3/4's
scale. On engine problem, you might check fuel filter and fuel
pressure. Sounds like engine is leaning out from lack of fuel and it
will use more fuel on a hill than level driving.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com