2003 SVT Cobra Exhaust

Old June 10th 05, 10:59 PM
Steve Bell

Default 2003 SVT Cobra Exhaust

Hello all, I am new to the group. I would like to ask your opinion on
exhaust systems for my '03 Cobra drop top. Right now it has a MagnaFlow cat
back system and I am not really thrilled with it. It is a bit too loud for
my liking and the excessive rumbling on deceleration drives me nuts. I have
minimal work done on the car such as a C&L intake, the MagnaFlow exhaust and
I use a Diablosport tuner. I really don't want to do too much to the car
since I still have some warranty time left. If you could post your
suggestions or email me with some other exhaust systems that are a bit less
aggressive on sound, I would truly appreciate your time and efforts.

Steve

'03 Cobra Drop Top
'04 Lightning
'02 Screamin Eagle Road King

Old June 10th 05, 11:32 PM
SVTKate

Hey Steve...

Welcome to the group!

I'll tell you what, mine has a quieter exhaust..
I'll trade you straight across.

::: grin:::

Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

Old June 11th 05, 12:02 AM
Steve Bell

Hey Kate, thanks for the warm welcome. I used to have a '98 triple black
cobra. I should have never sold it..

I remember you from when I was in this group some time ago. I believe yours
is white? Did you ever put a blower in it yet?

Steve

"> Hey Steve...

Old June 11th 05, 02:10 AM
SVTKate

Hey You...
Oh yea Triple black

Yup, mine is white, still have it, no blower.
I will die before it happens I think

But, I can always hope!

Old June 11th 05, 02:20 AM
Gill

Steve Bell wrote:
> Hello all, I am new to the group. I would like to ask your opinion on
> exhaust systems for my '03 Cobra drop top. Right now it has a MagnaFlow cat
> back system and I am not really thrilled with it. It is a bit too loud for
> my liking and the excessive rumbling on deceleration drives me nuts. I have
> minimal work done on the car such as a C&L intake, the MagnaFlow exhaust and
> I use a Diablosport tuner. I really don't want to do too much to the car
> since I still have some warranty time left. If you could post your
> suggestions or email me with some other exhaust systems that are a bit less
> aggressive on sound, I would truly appreciate your time and efforts.
>
> Steve
>
> '03 Cobra Drop Top
> '04 Lightning
> '02 Screamin Eagle Road King

Do you have an X-pipe? Straight though design mufflers sound better
w/X-pipes and H-pipes go well with chambered Muffs.

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces
Old June 11th 05, 06:25 AM
Michael Seeley

I have an 03 with an American thunder setup. I love it except for the 2K
drone. I have heard Bassani sounds good but not to overbearing.

Old June 12th 05, 05:17 AM
Dan

The FR500 catback is dual mode, it's a bit louder than stock on low
throttle and quite a bit louder at WOT. It's a ton quieter than just
about every other aftermarket unit. It's pricey and makes working on
the rear suspension a bit of a pain but it performs very well and has
no drone. I liked it alot when I had the stock headers and mid-pipe. It
also goes well with the Bassani mid-pipe which gives the setup a
slightly higher pitch which I also like and which sounds different than
all the other combo's out there, imho.

Old June 12th 05, 04:58 PM
Steve Bell

Thanks for all the info...

oups.com...

Old June 12th 05, 07:06 PM
Chris Shea

right now i have the borla stinger. before that i had the flowmaster. i
switched because the flowmaster didn't fit correctly and it wasn't
stainless. after i switched, at first i found that i liked the sound of the
flowmaster better, but now the stingers sound reaaly good to me.

if you dont mind aluminized i think the flows sound great... nice mellow
sound, not too aggressive. but there is major drone at 2k. personally i
like the droning sound.

as someone else said, i heard that the fr500 system is very mild when not
wot with no drone.

nice car and best of luck with your choice!

chris
04 comp orange cobra vert

Old June 18th 05, 01:14 AM
RT

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:59:47 -0400, "Steve Bell" >
wrote:

>Hello all, I am new to the group. I would like to ask your opinion on
>exhaust systems for my '03 Cobra drop top. Right now it has a MagnaFlow cat
>back system and I am not really thrilled with it. It is a bit too loud for
>my liking and the excessive rumbling on deceleration drives me nuts. I have
>minimal work done on the car such as a C&L intake, the MagnaFlow exhaust and
>I use a Diablosport tuner. I really don't want to do too much to the car
>since I still have some warranty time left. If you could post your
>suggestions or email me with some other exhaust systems that are a bit less
>aggressive on sound, I would truly appreciate your time and efforts.
>
>Steve
>
>'03 Cobra Drop Top
>'04 Lightning
>'02 Screamin Eagle Road King

You don't like the rumble on decel and noise ? Man, I LOVE driving
with the windows down and hearing that noise. This is with a
flowmaster setup on the 03 cobra. So, if you want it quieter, don't go
flowmaster.