title insurance for a used car vs a "used" home :^)

Old November 28th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default [OT] title insurance for a used car vs a "used" home :^)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 01:19:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>Back to the non gun toting method:
>
>The registrar pulls the license forfeighting the bond in the process or threatens to do so?
>Curious what is a typical leverage exerted by registrar's office
>given that a typical $12.5k bond is not a whole lot in a brave new world of $10k minimum
>kitchen remodels.
>I dare not to think what it costs in US of A to augment the wiring say to provide hookup
>for recessed distributed lights in the ceiling.

I don't recall the details and it may have changed but at one time
there was a "recovery fund" maintained by the Registrar. If the
contractor's bond wasn't enough or if he had gone bankrupt you could
apply for your money back from the recovery fund. I know I was
surprised recently to see that the "bond" amounts they require the
little contractors to carry are very small, like $5000. I was able to
recover from it years ago when the developer who build my house went
out of business during the warranty period. I also filed a complaint
went a contractor messed up my fence working on the neighbors. Guy
wouldn't even return my phone calls until I filed the claim and then
he was all over getting it fixed like stink on you know what. Wanted
to know "Why didn't you call me before you filed?" when I'd called
him several times with no response.
Old November 28th 13, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:52:56 PM UTC-6, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> >Back to the non gun toting method:

> >The registrar pulls the license forfeighting the bond in the process or threatens to do so?

> >Curious what is a typical leverage exerted by registrar's office

> >given that a typical $12.5k bond is not a whole lot in a brave new world of $10k minimum

> >kitchen remodels.

> >I dare not to think what it costs in US of A to augment the wiring say to provide hookup

> >for recessed distributed lights in the ceiling.

> I don't recall the details and it may have changed but at one time
>
> there was a "recovery fund" maintained by the Registrar. If the
>
> contractor's bond wasn't enough or if he had gone bankrupt you could
>
> apply for your money back from the recovery fund. I know I was
>
> surprised recently to see that the "bond" amounts they require the
>
> little contractors to carry are very small, like $5000. I was able to
>
> recover from it years ago when the developer who build my house went
>
> out of business during the warranty period. I also filed a complaint
>
> went a contractor messed up my fence working on the neighbors. Guy
>
> wouldn't even return my phone calls until I filed the claim and then
>
> he was all over getting it fixed like stink on you know what. Wanted
>
> to know "Why didn't you call me before you filed?" when I'd called
>
> him several times with no response.

But, do you own the original factory Title that came with the car, or a Certificate OF Title? There is a difference, you know.
Old November 29th 13, 11:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

> went a contractor messed up my fence working on the neighbors. Guy
>
> wouldn't even return my phone calls until I filed the claim and then
>
> he was all over getting it fixed like stink on you know what. Wanted
>
> to know "Why didn't you call me before you filed?" when I'd called
>
> him several times with no response.

that will teach him. hopefully.