LOUDER turn signal indicator for car which none is compatible

Old August 30th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

Default LOUDER turn signal indicator for car which none is compatible

On 8/29/2013 5:31 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 8/29/2013 6:04 PM, Brent wrote:

>>> One option is to buy a used Ford truck as I just did. When
>>> you use either signal, the wipers come on. It's more
>>> entertaining than a mere blinker light.

>> Odd little short in the multifunction switch... usually
>> something just
>> stops working.
>>

> Now that I think about it, on my Ford the signals would
> self-cancel after a lane change, too. Really kind of
> annoying as I'd end up manually holding the stalk so the
> blinkers would stay on e.g. if I were going to turn right or
> left but there was a turn lane that I had to enter first.
> Exact opposite of the OP's problem I guess!
>
> nate

Every motor vehicle ever made has some foible or another. I
bought this big hulking Ford for a moving project and, aside
from the almost-cute turn signal thing, it's been a good truck.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old August 30th 13, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 8/29/2013 1:47 PM, Tegger wrote:
> I suppose it's possible the OP doesn't know this, in which case my
> sarcastic reply may have been out of line.

Possibly, he just needs someone to reassure him that it's okay to do
this. When we have self-driving cars, we won't have to put up with these
difficult problems of modern life. I plan on taking a nap every chance I
get.

Old August 30th 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 8/29/2013 7:49 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/29/2013 5:31 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> Odd little short in the multifunction switch... usually
>>> something just
>>> stops working.
>>>

>> Now that I think about it, on my Ford the signals would
>> self-cancel after a lane change, too. Really kind of
>> annoying as I'd end up manually holding the stalk so the
>> blinkers would stay on e.g. if I were going to turn right or
>> left but there was a turn lane that I had to enter first.
>> Exact opposite of the OP's problem I guess!
>>
>> nate

> Every motor vehicle ever made has some foible or another. I bought this
> big hulking Ford for a moving project and, aside from the almost-cute
> turn signal thing, it's been a good truck.

for lack of foibles, I like the Kraut burners. Unfortunately, they
don't make a good 3/4 ton pickup, or at least not one that I can easily
buy over here. (a G-wagen just isn't in the budget, awesome as it would
be.)

All of the controls just tend to feel good, even on some really lowly
machinery - the turn signal stalk on an old 914 could be a case study in
exactly what a proper turn signal control should feel like.

Now before JB jumps in... BMW has gone full gadget lately; the turn
signal in particular takes some real getting used to as it is a
momentary electronic switch, not a mechanical one (cancelling is
accomplished by a steering position sensor) and while it still feels
great and solid and works well, there's an adjustment curve, and it is
different from everything else I've ever driven. After a day or two you
grow to like it, but I question the wisdom of taking something that has
been basically unchanged since the 50's and making it different just
because you can.

nate
Old August 30th 13, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ford13.jpg

> Plus, Ford isn't run by an illegitimate communist regime

i simply have to ask - to /which/ regime do you refer???

--
fact check required
Old August 30th 13, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

:

>> 2008 Kia Optima 4cyl.
>>
>> I'm always leaving turn blinkers on after lane changes and shallow turns.
>>
>> What are my options?
>>

> Start paying more attention.

+6.02x10²³

--
T0m $herm@n
Old August 30th 13, 07:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/29/2013 1:02 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/29/2013 12:40 PM, JR wrote:

>>> One option is to buy a used Ford truck as I just did. When
>>>
>>> you use either signal, the wipers come on. It's more
>>>
>>> entertaining than a mere blinker light.

>> Wiper turns on with the blinkers? I Like that.
>>

> It's actually a pretty good vehicle overall. 5.3 liter, lots of power.
> I've never owned a truck with power steering before; very easy to
> maneuver in a parking lot. Good value for $1500.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ford13.jpg

> Plus, Ford isn't run by an illegitimate communist regime as some big
> names (GM) are now. I'm learning to like Fords.

Uh, you do know that Communists and neo-cons are basically the same
people with a different name?

--
T0m $herm@n
Old August 30th 13, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 8/30/2013 1:13 AM, T0m $herman wrote:
> On 8/29/2013 1:02 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> Wiper turns on with the blinkers? I Like that.
>>>

>> It's actually a pretty good vehicle overall. 5.3 liter,
>> lots of power.
>> I've never owned a truck with power steering before; very
>> easy to
>> maneuver in a parking lot. Good value for $1500.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ford13.jpg

>> Plus, Ford isn't run by an illegitimate communist regime
>> as some big
>> names (GM) are now. I'm learning to like Fords.
>>

> Uh, you do know that Communists and neo-cons are basically
> the same people with a different name?

Yes I knew that.
Your point, as regards Ford, was what exactly?

Old August 31st 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/30/2013 11:31 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 8/30/2013 1:13 AM, T0m $herman wrote:

>>> It's actually a pretty good vehicle overall. 5.3 liter,
>>> lots of power.
>>> I've never owned a truck with power steering before; very
>>> easy to
>>> maneuver in a parking lot. Good value for $1500.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ford13.jpg

>>> Plus, Ford isn't run by an illegitimate communist regime
>>> as some big
>>> names (GM) are now. I'm learning to like Fords.
>>>

>> Uh, you do know that Communists and neo-cons are basically
>> the same people with a different name?
>>

> Yes I knew that.
> Your point, as regards Ford, was what exactly?

Henry Ford (along with Charles Lindbergh) was vilified for telling the
truth about the Banksters and Communists.

--
T0m $herm@n