85 MPH: Texas considers highest speed limit in nation

Old April 12th 11, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

Default 85 MPH: Texas considers highest speed limit in nation

"Brent" > wrote in message >
> And the auto service businesses will get right behind leglislation to get
> rid of the MOT system... right?

Heck no.. You know that before you posted. STILLL, I think it is
a good idea to demand that people maintain their cars with respect to
the environment, and safety. This is still not an anarchist society,
totally.

Old April 12th 11, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-12, hls > wrote:

> "Brent" > wrote in message >
>> And the auto service businesses will get right behind leglislation to get
>> rid of the MOT system... right?
>>

> Heck no.. You know that before you posted. STILLL, I think it is
> a good idea to demand that people maintain their cars with respect to
> the environment, and safety. This is still not an anarchist society,
> totally.

Will government take the liability for a mechanical failure? Of course
not. Government has no interest in keeping you or I safe nor does it take
upon itself any liability for failing to doing so. Its reason for such
things have as much to do with safety as military operations in Libya
have to do with humanitarian purposes.

The state of Illinois has no vehicle inspections. Yet equipment failures
don't appear to be any significant issue what so ever. Nor do insurance
companies, the ones who would pay out, require them for a policy.

Old April 12th 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bret[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 02:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-12, hls > wrote:
>>
>> "Brent" > wrote in message >
>>> And the auto service businesses will get right behind leglislation to get
>>> rid of the MOT system... right?
>>>

>> Heck no.. You know that before you posted. STILLL, I think it is
>> a good idea to demand that people maintain their cars with respect to
>> the environment, and safety. This is still not an anarchist society,
>> totally.

> Will government take the liability for a mechanical failure? Of course
> not. Government has no interest in keeping you or I safe nor does it take
> upon itself any liability for failing to doing so. Its reason for such
> things have as much to do with safety as military operations in Libya
> have to do with humanitarian purposes.
>
> The state of Illinois has no vehicle inspections. Yet equipment failures
> don't appear to be any significant issue what so ever. Nor do insurance
> companies, the ones who would pay out, require them for a policy.

You live in one of the countrys of the world.
I live in a different country from the one you live in.
We have a different Government to you.
Old April 12th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-12, Bret > wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 02:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

>>> Heck no.. You know that before you posted. STILLL, I think it is
>>> a good idea to demand that people maintain their cars with respect to
>>> the environment, and safety. This is still not an anarchist society,
>>> totally.

>> Will government take the liability for a mechanical failure? Of course
>> not. Government has no interest in keeping you or I safe nor does it take
>> upon itself any liability for failing to doing so. Its reason for such
>> things have as much to do with safety as military operations in Libya
>> have to do with humanitarian purposes.
>>
>> The state of Illinois has no vehicle inspections. Yet equipment failures
>> don't appear to be any significant issue what so ever. Nor do insurance
>> companies, the ones who would pay out, require them for a policy.

> You live in one of the countrys of the world.
> I live in a different country from the one you live in.
> We have a different Government to you.

Yeah, I look at the UK for what freedom sapping thing is coming here
next.

Old April 12th 11, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

http://www.drudgereport.com

>>> Yep. The people who freak out about talk of 80 or 85 MPH speed limits
>>> have never left their little city cages where speeds rarely get over 40
>>> MPH.

>> 80-85mph is common on chicago area interstates and limited access
>> highways. Except speed limits are 45-55mph and as of jan-1,2011 30 over
>> carries jail time. The people who "freak out" are control freaks or other
>> forms of people who think everyone else should do as they do. Such people
>> may live anywhere.
>>
>>> The areas where these speed limits exist are stereotypical desert
>>> highways, flat, straight and wide, and with terrain off the road that is
>>> equally flat and obstacle free. When you drive 85 MPH on them it feels
>>> like you're barely moving.

>> Most rural interstate in the USA should have no speed restriction.

> Nah, they should to keep the Junior Dale Earnhardts from causing problems.
> Just because you can drive fast, doesn't mean you *CAN* drive fast.
>
> Just watch the next time a Honda Civic with a fart horn pulls up next to
> you to get my drift.
>
> Hey...Hachiroku...Drift...Way Kewl, dude!

Since when and how has a number on a sign stopped a teenager?

Old April 12th 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bret[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:01:20 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-12, Bret > wrote:

>>> Will government take the liability for a mechanical failure? Of course
>>> not. Government has no interest in keeping you or I safe nor does it take
>>> upon itself any liability for failing to doing so. Its reason for such
>>> things have as much to do with safety as military operations in Libya
>>> have to do with humanitarian purposes.
>>>
>>> The state of Illinois has no vehicle inspections. Yet equipment failures
>>> don't appear to be any significant issue what so ever. Nor do insurance
>>> companies, the ones who would pay out, require them for a policy.

>> You live in one of the countrys of the world.
>> I live in a different country from the one you live in.
>> We have a different Government to you.

> Yeah, I look at the UK for what freedom sapping thing is coming here
> next.

Thats nice LOL.
Old April 12th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Old April 12th 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Those Letters (STOP) on that sign in Midland,Texas didn't STOP Laura
Welch.Resulted in disastrous Results for her high school boyfriend.
cuhulin

Old April 12th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:02:30 +0000, Brent wrote:

> On 2011-04-12, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=
> > wrote:

http://www.drudgereport.com

>>> 80-85mph is common on chicago area interstates and limited access
>>> highways. Except speed limits are 45-55mph and as of jan-1,2011 30 over
>>> carries jail time. The people who "freak out" are control freaks or
>>> other forms of people who think everyone else should do as they do.
>>> Such people may live anywhere.

>>> Most rural interstate in the USA should have no speed restriction.

>> Nah, they should to keep the Junior Dale Earnhardts from causing
>> problems. Just because you can drive fast, doesn't mean you *CAN* drive
>> fast.
>>
>> Just watch the next time a Honda Civic with a fart horn pulls up next to
>> you to get my drift.
>>
>> Hey...Hachiroku...Drift...Way Kewl, dude!

> Since when and how has a number on a sign stopped a teenager?

Who's talking teenagers...?

http://2012scion-previews.info/image...scion-tc-2.jpg
Old April 12th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-04-12, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:02:30 +0000, Brent wrote:
>
>> On 2011-04-12, =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=
>> > wrote:

http://www.drudgereport.com

>>> Nah, they should to keep the Junior Dale Earnhardts from causing
>>> problems. Just because you can drive fast, doesn't mean you *CAN* drive
>>> fast.
>>>
>>> Just watch the next time a Honda Civic with a fart horn pulls up next to
>>> you to get my drift.
>>>
>>> Hey...Hachiroku...Drift...Way Kewl, dude!

>> Since when and how has a number on a sign stopped a teenager?

> Who's talking teenagers...?
>
> http://2012scion-previews.info/image...scion-tc-2.jpg

Ok... Since when and how has a number on a sign stopped anyone?

Speed Limit: 5 mph gpsman Driving 1 March 19th 11 06:51 PM
Spain Gets Smart - Cuts Highway Speed Limit to 50 mph, City to 25 mph Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 164 August 23rd 08 05:40 AM
Texas raised speed limit out west to 80 mph... jaybird Driving 41 June 2nd 06 04:18 AM
JUST CRAZY - Texas, naturally, may raise speed limit to 80 laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 58 May 25th 06 09:55 PM
Texas speed limit history John F. Carr Driving 7 November 6th 05 08:29 PM