what should i do to my thing

Old January 3rd 05, 06:43 AM

Default what should i do to my thing

im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo
engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with
it

Old January 3rd 05, 12:11 PM
Tim Rogers

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo
> engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with
> it

..................Sounds ridiculous but to each his own.

Old January 3rd 05, 01:20 PM
Shaggie

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 07:11:16 -0500, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...

>> im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo
>> engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with
>> it
>>

>.................Sounds ridiculous but to each his own.

I wonder where that attitude was tucked away back in my "sawsall
days," Tim. :-) Oh, and if it's your first car I think it's a
HORRIBLE idea to even start to think about something like putting a
turbo on it. Just get it to run right/reliably and enjoy it like
that. That's what I think, and you asked what people thought. :-)

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old January 3rd 05, 03:28 PM
Tim Rogers

"Shaggie" > wrote in message

> I wonder where that attitude was tucked away back in my "sawsall
> days," Tim. :-)

..................You had an 'in your face' attitude back then that made me
want to give you some $h!+. Now that you've been yuppified and sanitized
into a tanning booth metro-sexual with smelly lotion all over you and live
in that covenant restricted upscale neighborhood where a kid can't even have
a tree house in the backyard, I figure that you're not as worthy of my
constructive advice as you once was back when you butchered that pristine
'63 bug.

timmy

Old January 3rd 05, 05:36 PM
Shaggie

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:28:41 -0500, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"Shaggie" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I wonder where that attitude was tucked away back in my "sawsall
>> days," Tim. :-)
>>

>.................You had an 'in your face' attitude back then that made me
>want to give you some $h!+.

My attitude has never changed. You've just learned to admire me over
the years. Very understandable. :-)

>Now that you've been yuppified and sanitized
>into a tanning booth metro-sexual with smelly lotion all over you and live
>in that covenant restricted upscale neighborhood where a kid can't even have
>a tree house in the backyard

They can have one as long as it's pre-approved by the building
committee and it has the same siding on it that's used on your house
in an approved color. It's also ok if it's brick as long as your
house is brick. Shingles of the same style/color as your house are
also required. All electrical, plumbing, and building inspections
have to be perfomed and the results reported to the HOA before the
children can play in it. So you see, kids *can* have a tree-house in
the backyard. Oh, and it can't be more than something like 4 feet off
of the ground.

> I figure that you're not as worthy of my
>constructive advice as you once was back when you butchered that pristine
>'63 bug.

This one? http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/vw/b...rontend/m.html

---

Old January 3rd 05, 07:14 PM
dragenwagen

i agree with the Shagster... first car... get it to run like it should and
be reliable, and get to know how the thing works. spend the $$ on replacing
30 year old parts.

--
************************************************** **************
dragenwagen

Old January 6th 05, 01:59 AM
Ed B

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo
> engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with
> it

As a fellow thing owner, modifications get difficult and cause problems.
Things have a lot of Thing specific parts. I've spent more than a year
slowly re-assembling a Thing after the previous owners thought they knew
better than VW. They also managed to interfere with important things like
heat. My advice is don't modify too much, those parts were designed for use
in bugs, and while they will bolt up, most of the mod kits just don't work
as well for a Thing.