2006 Honda Ridgeline - Invoice Price CAD

Old December 8th 05, 02:39 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 Honda Ridgeline - Invoice Price CAD

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:59:39 -0800, SoCalMike
> wrote:

>flobert wrote:
>> Yeah well, a car thats owned by so many posers who are also actors,
>> like, oooh the GOVERNER. Gee, 45-50mpg aint much, pretty much any car
>> of that size with a diesel engine would do the same, and many smaller
>> ones would do a lot better.

>and priuses get WORSE mileage on the freeway than in the city.
>>
>> Prius - marketing and feel good only. Efficiency, no. Oh, and the
>> Guvenator having one was NOT a factor at all, I'm SURE in giving the
>> priass that status.

>last i checked, he drove a hummer. H1. the $100,000 one.

strange as it might seem, people have more than one car.

Right now i have 5, with a 6th comming soon. Admittedly most are late
80s workhorses, but then i'm not as rich as him.
Old December 10th 05, 06:15 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> flobert wrote:
>> Yeah well, a car thats owned by so many posers who are also actors,
>> like, oooh the GOVERNER. Gee, 45-50mpg aint much, pretty much any car
>> of that size with a diesel engine would do the same, and many smaller
>> ones would do a lot better.

> and priuses get WORSE mileage on the freeway than in the city.

I think we've been here before....

*All* cars should get worse mileage on the freeway than in the city - more
drag. Hybrids gain most of their advantage by better adapting to in-town
driving conditions. The current generation is scarcely any better on the
freeway than conventional cars are, but much better in town.

I've been frequenting a VW TDi group to learn more about how to get the most
out of my new turbodiesel work truck. Some of the VW TDi owners brag about
getting 35 mpg in town under favorable conditions, which agrees with the EPA
estimates. But our 2002 Prius gets an honest 45-50 mpg in town (our main
driving location) in warm weather, and consistently over 40 mpg fully loaded
on long 75 mph trips. At 65 mph with lighter loads it will turn in 50-60
mpg. Efficiency, absolutely. It is also the most fun of any car I've driven
since I had to sell my beloved Lotus 30 years ago.

Mike

Old December 11th 05, 03:24 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> "Alan Browne" > wrote in message
>
>>Nightdude wrote:
>>

>>>The spare tire argument is really lame.... If that's the only reason why
>>>you don't like the car, it's a poor one. Chevy Avalanche is a totally
>>>different truck.

>>Spare tires should be accessible with little effort and should consider
>>the purpose of the vehicle. Whether rocks or an ATV, the spare should be
>>accessible without having to unload the truck. Imagine a flat during
>>heavy rain or on a snow covered road at -15°C ...
>>
>>With the Ridgeline and the misguided V-6 Honda Accord Hybrid, Honda have
>>lost it.
>>

> Gee, you reckon some enterprising accessory maker (or 3) will come out with
> a rack that will fit the tail gate to correct this relatively minor problem?

A properly designed vehicle doesn't require after market solutions to
design blunders.

> How, exactly, is the V6 Honda Accord Hybrid misguided?

Forgive me for believing that the objective of hybrids is to save
energy. The Hybrid makes no (or very little) gain in actual gas economy.

Cheers,
Alan
Old December 11th 05, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Alan Browne wrote:

>> How, exactly, is the V6 Honda Accord Hybrid misguided?

> Forgive me for believing that the objective of hybrids is to save
> energy. The Hybrid makes no (or very little) gain in actual gas economy.

The only logical reason to buy a hybrid is reduced emissions. It is for
the environmentalists.
Old December 11th 05, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Alan Browne" > wrote in message
> Kent Finnell wrote:
>> "Alan Browne" > wrote in message
>>
>> How, exactly, is the V6 Honda Accord Hybrid misguided?

> Forgive me for believing that the objective of hybrids is to save energy.
> The Hybrid makes no (or very little) gain in actual gas economy.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

That's okay - it is a common error. The objective of hybrids is to correct a
huge design compromise we have been forced into for a century: the use of
the same power source for low speeds, acceleration and high speeds. Whenever
auto makers increase engine power in cars (as they did in the '70s and are
currently doing) the flub becomes even more glaring - we have 300 hp engines
pulling 3000 lb cars around. Not a great concept.

Hybridization effectively separates engine power from acceleration
performance and frees the engine from stupid things like low speed operation
and idling. Sizing the engine becomes a simple exercise: it has to have
enough power to climb a 6% grade at 75 mph (under current US standards) at
full vehicle load. There is no passing reserve in the engine because that is
handled by the electrics. There is no engine consideration of acceleration
power because that is not the engine's job... the engine is there to keep
the batteries charged. Since engine operation is very predictable - it never
has to respond to somebody tapping their right foot in time to the music on
the stereo - the engine can be refined for a more limited purpose, with
better efficiency and reliability. With reduced engine mass warm-up can be
much quicker, which is good for the engine, good for emissions and good for
the passengers on cold days. Even sources that have drivability problems can
be used; it no longer matters if it takes a gas turbine ten seconds to spool
up, because it doesn't affect the throttle response.

Anyway, that is the goal. Fuel economy is a result of correcting the
original design compromise - and is a driving force at present - but it is
not the underlying purpose. The current generation (no pun) falls short in
several ways, and I agree the Accord Hybrid is an example of not even
trying. Honda knows how to do so much better, at least in their concept
cars. http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2001/auto/DUALNOTE/

Mike

Old December 12th 05, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Alan Browne wrote:
> Forgive me for believing that the objective of hybrids is to save
> energy. The Hybrid makes no (or very little) gain in actual gas economy.

sounds to me like they wanted to see what would happen if the technology
is used merely for extra power. its nothing theyre going to lose the
farm over if it never catches on, like the 4 wheel steering prelude.

merely a technological exercise. for people that want economy, theres
the natural gas civic GX, and the civic hybrid.

mebbe a stripped down 4-door accord with a 4 cylinder engine is in the
works?
Old December 12th 05, 01:07 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

High Tech Misfit wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote:
>
>>> How, exactly, is the V6 Honda Accord Hybrid misguided?

>> Forgive me for believing that the objective of hybrids is to save
>> energy. The Hybrid makes no (or very little) gain in actual gas economy.

> The only logical reason to buy a hybrid is reduced emissions. It is for
> the environmentalists.

sometimes honda engineers think "outside the box". its not a bad trait
to have.
Old December 12th 05, 01:12 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> As compared to what, a Prius or a Civic Hybrid? It does show an improvement
> over the standard Accord V6, 29/37 city/highway vs. 24/34. If you want
> maximum fuel efficiency, stick yourself in an Insight. Forget comfort,
> passenger and luggage capacity. Will you scoff the new Lexus Hybrid Luxury
> Sedan? It probably won't do any better.

i havent seen any hybrid accords with "carpool lane stickers" in
california. im pretty sure the DMV has a formula based on emissions
profiles that decides which cars get the golden ticket, so to speak.
Old December 13th 05, 05:20 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Michael Pardee" wrote in message...
> I've been frequenting a VW TDi group to learn more about how to get the

most
> out of my new turbodiesel work truck. Some of the VW TDi owners brag about
> getting 35 mpg in town under favorable conditions, which agrees with the

EPA
> estimates. But our 2002 Prius gets an honest 45-50 mpg in town (our main
> driving location) in warm weather, and consistently over 40 mpg fully

loaded
> on long 75 mph trips. At 65 mph with lighter loads it will turn in 50-60
> mpg. Efficiency, absolutely. It is also the most fun of any car I've

driven
> since I had to sell my beloved Lotus 30 years ago.

You might also check out Fred's tdi page tdiclub.com - some of those guys
are getting 65mpg with their TDi's, although prolly not at 75mph, and they
have their motors 'tuned' a bit...

FWIW, in decent weather, my '02 Accord has gotten 40mpg on long 75mph trips
while using A/C, but it is a 4cyl./5-spd.

Old December 13th 05, 05:20 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Honda Ridgeline garray Honda 2 January 23rd 05 10:26 PM
Remarks by Takeo Fukui - 2005 NAIAS Auto Show Chopface Honda 7 January 17th 05 11:10 PM
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 6 January 17th 05 03:25 PM
Is Honda brake fluid really superior to its "clone"? Daniel Honda 6 October 26th 04 05:11 PM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM