honda quality parts advice

Old January 17th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default honda quality parts advice

from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality part or maybe what
to stay away from maybe something not listed ?

Front/Rear Rotors :: Honda, Brembo, Winhere, PBR, Mountain

Brake pads :: Honda, Nisin Prem, Akebono, Nisin Silver, PBR, NPN, Bendix

HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

TIA
robb

Old January 18th 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Rob B wrote:
> from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality part or maybe what
> to stay away from maybe something not listed ?
>
> Front/Rear Rotors :: Honda,

> Brake pads :: Honda, Nisin Prem, Akebono, Nisin Silver, Bendix,

id toss in raybestos too. to be honest, though. ive had good luck on all
other cars with whatever the "lifetime" brake pad is. save the receipt,
get new pads for as long as you own the car.

> HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

honda only. mine was $220 at the dealer, but was plug and play. no
stripping/crimping wires.
Old January 18th 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> Rob B wrote:
> > from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality part or maybe

what
> > to stay away from maybe something not listed ?
> >
> > Front/Rear Rotors :: Honda,

> > Brake pads :: Honda, Nisin Prem, Akebono, Nisin Silver, Bendix,

> id toss in raybestos too. to be honest, though. ive had good luck on all
> other cars with whatever the "lifetime" brake pad is. save the receipt,
> get new pads for as long as you own the car.

never heard of lifetime brake pad, i'll look into that

> > HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

> honda only. mine was $220 at the dealer, but was plug and play. no
> stripping/crimping wires.

high thanks for response

my dealer wants 274 which is close to price

so my worst price for (front rotors, pads, h02s} is 485 the best is 128
which is reason for post... 350 is alot of quality wiggle room ? i do not
mind paying for quality, i do not want to overpay on the "probably ok" stuff

thanks again
robb

Old January 19th 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default does Brembo make good rotors ?

c'mon yuse guys, need some experience with these parts (crap/not crap)

from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality part or maybe what
to stay away from or maybe something not listed ?

Old January 19th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Rob B" > wrote
> c'mon yuse guys, need some experience with these parts

(crap/not crap)

> from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality

part or maybe what
> to stay away from or maybe something not listed ?
>
> Front/Rear Rotors :: Honda, Brembo, Winhere, PBR,

Mountain
Dunno.

> Brake pads :: Honda, Nisin Prem, Akebono, Nisin Silver,

PBR, NPN, Bendix

In the future I plan to go with strictly Honda OEM. From my
reading, the "lifetime" pads use material that is harder and
so lasts longer, but also as a result shortens the life of
the rotor. The cost of Honda OEM pads (around $40 online for
my 91 Civic) is low enough that I think they're worth it.

> HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

= heated oxygen sensor

(1) From my reading the aftermarket O2 sensors can be
persnickety; and (2) an OEM sensor might be had for a very
competitive price at https://www.automedicsupply.com/ . At
least, for my 91 Civic, it was a steal at about $45
altogether. Very good service and shipping.

Old January 19th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elle" > wrote
Rob
> > HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

> = heated oxygen sensor

P.S. my 91 Civic's OEM sensor is made by Nippon Denso, now
called IIRC just Denso.

Old January 19th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:30:36 GMT, "Rob B" > wrote:

>c'mon yuse guys, need some experience with these parts (crap/not crap)
>
>from these parts what do you recommend as higher quality part or maybe what
>to stay away from or maybe something not listed ?
>
>Front/Rear Rotors :: Honda, Brembo, Winhere, PBR, Mountain
>Brake pads :: Honda, Nisin Prem, Akebono, Nisin Silver, PBR, NPN, Bendix
>HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker
>
>TIA
>robb

I just put Akebono Ceramics on my '97 accord. Only a few thousand
miles on them but they are quiet, low dusting and I was impressed with
the quality of the pads and adhesive shims out of the box. Time will
tell.

Frank
Old January 20th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elle" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Elle" > wrote
> Rob
>> > HO2S :: Honda, NTK, Denso, Bosch, Walker

>> = heated oxygen sensor

> P.S. my 91 Civic's OEM sensor is made by Nippon Denso, now
> called IIRC just Denso.

Just ND, actually.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 20th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

for my accord i went with

bremo rotors with slots, drilled holes and carbon metallic brand brake
pads

and i am soooooooo happy

just be gentle the first 200 miles let them breakin correctly

Old January 20th 06, 02:00 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"TeGGeR®" > wrote
> "Elle" > wrote
> > P.S. my 91 Civic's OEM sensor is made by Nippon Denso,

now
> > called IIRC just Denso.

> Just ND, actually.

Actually, the site I posted before lists the manufacturer as
just "Denso." The packaging for my 91 Civic's sensor says
just "Denso" on it. The history of Denso Corp. states that
NipponDenso Co. became Denso Corp. in 1996:
http://www.denso.co.jp/en/aboutdenso/history/