The DMV is so insidious. They are allowed to tax used propertysales.

Old February 29th 04, 09:09 PM

Default The DMV is so insidious. They are allowed to tax used propertysales.

The 2003 EPA mileage Guide list a compact Saturn Ion 4cy
automatic at 24/33 with an annual cost of $680. A midsize L200
4cy at 24/32 with an annual cost of $860 and a L300 4cy at 21/29
with an annual cost of $970. For comparison purposes a LARGE size
V8 Crown Vic automatic is listed at 18/26 with an annual cost of
only $192 more a year. That is less than 53 cents a day. Seems
to me that is hardly much of a saving considering the number of
passengers each can carry or the relative safety of a large
vehicle.

mike hunt