Reliability of a high mileage 1998 Saturn? Any good? Should I buy?

Old September 2nd 05, 04:36 AM
blah blah

In article >,
says...

> While we are on the subject, just what is a GOOD brand of oil filter for
> this Saturn ??
>

> --James--

Purolator is probably the best choice for just about anything. Wix would
be my runner up choice. Fram "oil" filters however are crap and should
be avoided.

Heres a study of filters thats been around for awhile. I've seen this
same data on various other web sites -
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html
Old September 2nd 05, 02:41 PM
Bob Shuman

I agree wholeheartedly. I use Purolator myself and try to purchase the
higher quality Pure One brand in bulk when they go on sale at local retail
stores. I can usually get them for $3-4 each at that time. Stay away from
Fram oil filters.

Bob

Old September 2nd 05, 09:38 PM
James

blah, blah, thank for the info !!!!!

--James--

Old September 2nd 05, 11:54 PM
navaidstech

Does anyone know who carries Purolator filters up here in Canada?

Old September 3rd 05, 01:09 AM
Ratbert

navaidstech wrote:
> Does anyone know who carries Purolator filters up here in Canada?

No, but south of the border, I've only seen them at Sears. Do you have
Sears up there?
Old September 3rd 05, 11:46 PM
navaidstech

Oh ya... we got tons of them up here. Actually there is one about 10
minutes from my place, I'll take a looksee there.

Thanks for the info Rathbert.

Alex

High Mileage VW Bug Mileage Paul Regal VW air cooled 51 April 5th 05 07:36 AM
Failed Smog Check 1981 Trans AM TheSmogTech Technology 0 January 30th 05 04:16 PM
Integra Emissions Failure Dkakd Honda 13 November 8th 04 09:14 AM
High Milers, how many miles on your Saturn? Newsguy Saturn 15 October 4th 04 07:13 AM
99 Saturn SL- went through high water, won't start Weasel Saturn 0 September 8th 04 07:27 PM