Fi What Went Wrong?

Old September 12th 04, 03:21 AM
Oppie

"Jonnie Santos" > wrote in message
news:yFI0d.293545$Oi.181727@fed1read04...
| ...thanks Ken - you're absolutely right. I've been through a couple of
the
| human losses in the last couple of years and since surviving those,
| everything else (material wise) seems much lower on the scale of
importance.
| Lottery is tonight - maybe I'll win and get that over-restored 1970 Hemi
| Challenger too! (grin)

Neighbor behind me called over the fence the other day to come take a look.
He knows that I'm a motor head and lead me to his garage. There stood the
most magnificently restored 1970 Dodge Challenger I had ever seen, Yellow
exterior with black interior. He is a manager at one of the NY City Bus
garages and a former mechanic but bought the car restored. Original numbers
don't match so there had been some swapping done but still impressive.

I just looked out the window. I can see the columns of light from the World
Trade Center site that are on as a tribute tonight. God bless the innocent
souls that were lost there.

Oppie
20 miles North of ground zero

Old September 12th 04, 05:47 AM
Jonnie Santos

I keep forgetting you're in New York. The lights seems like a great
tribute. We were watching some of the archived news footage over at my
Mom's tonight showing the 2nd plane fly into the tower - took me right back
to that morning before work when I was drinking coffee, reading my email and
watching the news on the TV out of the corner of my eye. By the time I was
on the road to work with the radio on listening to what was going on, the
2nd tower came down. Can't believe it's been 3 years.

Cool about your neighbor's Challenger - great looking cars I think.

Old September 12th 04, 07:38 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article >,
"Oppie" > wrote:

> Neighbor behind me called over the fence the other day to come take a look.
> He knows that I'm a motor head and lead me to his garage. There stood the
> most magnificently restored 1970 Dodge Challenger I had ever seen, Yellow
> exterior with black interior.

I got a neighbor with a '70 Roadrunner, with a Hemi. A somewhat, uh,
worked Hemi. He owes me a ride in it But probbably won't let me
drive

> I just looked out the window. I can see the columns of light from the World
> Trade Center site that are on as a tribute tonight. God bless the innocent
> souls that were lost there.

Comming home from Home Depot tonight, mom and I saw it. Still remember
that day - I watched the coverage on a 50's vintage B&W portable TV set
i was restoring at the time. The set never let me down - still hasn't.
Just another chapter of history it went through. I imagine the
origional owner saw a lot of history on it, too!

In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 03:41 PM
mounted wrong size tires DC Honda 11 November 2nd 04 04:12 PM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM
Nobody knows what is wrong with my 99 Dodge Avenger v6 LadyGelzer04 Dodge 14 May 22nd 04 04:13 AM