Fi What Went Wrong?

Old September 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
Philip Nasadowski

My dad (ex FDNY) always tells me, if a car gets on fire good enough,
just get everyone out and pray the FD takes their time getting there.
You *really* don't want the ins co to NOT write it off, since fire
repaired cars....are smelly...
Old September 6th 04, 12:58 PM
Blue87T

>Jonnie Santos

>Tomorrow (Thursday) will be a week since the fire and I haven't heard back
>from the insurance adjuster about what they're going to do - guess I'll give
>them a call.

I am sorry Jonnie.. I didnt realize that it was your car that caught fire..If
you need help with the insurance end of it let me know
Old September 7th 04, 01:03 AM
Dan Duncan

Jonnie Santos > wrote:
> Tomorrow (Thursday) will be a week since the fire and I haven't heard back
> from the insurance adjuster about what they're going to do - guess I'll give
> them a call.

Anything new to report? Sorry to hear about your car.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# Try to relax and enjoy the crisis. -Ashleigh Brilliant
Old September 7th 04, 02:26 AM
Jonnie Santos

....thanks Blue - they're just slow so far. They will consider some
aftermarket stuff and I just faxed a list over to them on Friday. Thursday
will be 3 weeks of the mess...

Old September 7th 04, 02:37 AM
Jonnie Santos

Thanks Dan - nothing new, just waiting on insurance... (it will be 3 weeks
on Thursday 9/9)

Old September 7th 04, 04:27 AM
BANDIT2941

>Thanks Dan - nothing new, just waiting on insurance... (it will be 3 weeks
>on Thursday 9/9)

Jonnie, keep us posted.

Really sorry to hear about your ride. Knew how much you loved it.....
Old September 8th 04, 03:14 AM
Jonnie Santos

....got a long and pleasant voicemail from insurance today. They're going to
send some paperwork, I will sign some things and return it with my pink
slip, and then they'll cut me a check for high blue book (plus) max allowed
on aftermarket parts (minus) deductible. Works for me in the numbers
department, still am not thrilled with looking out the window and not seeing
my car. I'd say more, but don't want to sound like a baby...

Old September 8th 04, 04:02 AM
Roy

"I'd say more, but don't want to sound like a baby..."

It's OK. A burned up car is an OK reason to cry.
Good luck in finding a new ride that you can enjoy.

Old September 11th 04, 11:12 AM
Napalm Heart

Sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. It least it was only a
material thing rather than a human loss.

Ken

Old September 11th 04, 08:49 PM
Jonnie Santos

....thanks Ken - you're absolutely right. I've been through a couple of the
human losses in the last couple of years and since surviving those,
everything else (material wise) seems much lower on the scale of importance.
Lottery is tonight - maybe I'll win and get that over-restored 1970 Hemi
Challenger too! (grin)

"Napalm Heart" > wrote in message
> Sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. It least it was only a
> material thing rather than a human loss.
>
> Ken

In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 03:41 PM
mounted wrong size tires DC Honda 11 November 2nd 04 04:12 PM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM
Nobody knows what is wrong with my 99 Dodge Avenger v6 LadyGelzer04 Dodge 14 May 22nd 04 04:13 AM