Snow tires on a Saturn???

Old December 25th 04, 01:36 PM
Dick Snyder

Default Snow tires on a Saturn???

My daughter has a 1993 Saturn SL2. She has just moved to Cleveland from
California. I'm sure this newsgroup has posted articles from time to time
about the advisability of snow tires on a Saturn but I can't find any just
now or anything very good with a Google search. A search of the tire rack
website was nice but they are in the business of selling tires after all.
Can anyone here recommend a good resource that can answer the question or at
least give some good information about whether or not it would be advisable
for her to buy snow tires?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Old December 25th 04, 02:53 PM
Jay Bollyn

enter rec.autos.makers.saturn in the Group box

http://groups-beta.google.com/advanced_search

++++++++++++++++++++

Old December 25th 04, 07:38 PM
Jonnie Santos

I thought I remember guys in snow country talking about using Blizzak's on
steel wheels - other than when new, I never ran anything but performance
summer tires here in Southern California (currently a chilly 61 degrees).

Old December 25th 04, 08:30 PM
Peter Young

"Dick Snyder" > wrote in message ...
> My daughter has a 1993 Saturn SL2. She has just moved to Cleveland from
> California. I'm sure this newsgroup has posted articles from time to time
> about the advisability of snow tires on a Saturn but I can't find any just
> now or anything very good with a Google search. A search of the tire rack
> website was nice but they are in the business of selling tires after all.
> Can anyone here recommend a good resource that can answer the question or at
> least give some good information about whether or not it would be advisable
> for her to buy snow tires?

Good quality all-season radials will do just fine.

Old December 25th 04, 10:19 PM
Jonnie Santos

Season liberally and lace with garlic cloves by making incisions,
and placing whole cloves deep into the meat.
Grease a baking pan, and fill with a thick bed of onions,
celery, green onions, and parsley.
Place roast on top with fat side up.
Place uncovered in 500° oven for 20 minutes, reduce oven to 325°.
Bake till medium rare (150°) and let roast rest.
Pour stock over onions and drippings, carve the meat and
place the slices in the au jus.

Bisque à l?Enfant

Honor the memory of Grandma with this dish by utilizing her good
silver soup tureen and her great grandchildren (crawfish, crab or
lobster will work just as well, however this dish is classically
made with crawfish).

Stuffed infant heads, stuffed crawfish heads, stuffed crab or lobster shells;
make patties if shell or head is not available
(such as with packaged crawfish, crab, or headless baby).
Flour
oil
onions
bell peppers
garlic salt, pepper, etc.
3 cups chicken stock
2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons oil

First stuff the heads, or make the patties (see index)
then fry or bake.
Set aside to drain on paper towels.
Make a roux with butter

Old December 25th 04, 10:59 PM
Peter Young

Leviticus 26:29

Roast Child with Cornbread Stuffing

Turkey may be substituted for this classic holiday feast.
Although time consuming, this dish seems to take longer than it actually does;
as the entire house is filled with such a heavenly aroma,
the waiting becomes almost unbearable.

1 whole child, cleaned and de-headed
1 batch cornbread stuffing (see index)
½ cup melted butter

Remove the giblets from the infant and set aside.
Stuff the cavity where the child?s genitals and anus were located
using ½ cup per pound of meat.
Tie the arms flat to the body, then pull the skin flaps up to close the cavity.
Now tie the thighs up tight to hold it all together.
Place breast side up in a large metal roasting pan.
Bake in 325° oven covered for 2 hours.
Remove cover, stick a cooking thermometer deep into one of the
baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°,
about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy.
The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics
thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on
2 eggs
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 cup seasoned flour
oil enough for deep frying
1 loaf French bread
Lettuce
tomatoes
ma

Old December 25th 04, 11:05 PM
Napalm Heart

Olive oil
butter

Brown the meat and some chopped onions, peppers, and garilic in olive oil,
place in baking dish, layer with vegetables seasoning and butter.
Bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with hot dinner rolls, fruit salad and sparkling water.

Bébé Buffet 1

Show off with whole roasted children replete with apples in mouths -
and babies? heads stuffed with wild rice. Or keep it simple with a
hearty main course such as stew, lasagna, or meat loaf.

Some suggestions

Pre-mie pot pies, beef stew, leg of lamb, stuffed chicken, roast pork spiral ham,
Cranberry pineapple salad, sweet potatoes in butter, vegetable platter, tossed salad with tomato and avocado, parsley new potatoes, spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad
Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants
Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By al

Old December 26th 04, 12:10 AM
Lane

> Good quality all-season radials will do just fine.

And real snow tires will do even better.

I've been running Blizzaks on my '94 SC2 in the winter for years (live in
WI). Can't imagine how I ever went without them.

Tire Rack has a section where their customers can review tires and post
their opinions. I found it very helpful in the past.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old December 26th 04, 12:29 AM
Lane

season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a baking pan.
Ladle tomato gravy on top,
and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child,
so why not consume it?
Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese
Flour
eggwash (milk and eggs)
seasoned bread crumbs
1 onion
minced
salt
pepper
butter
olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans
are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perh

Old December 26th 04, 01:00 AM
Jay Bollyn

nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By all means, substitute lamb or a good beef roast if the haunch
it is in any way diseased. But sometimes surgeons make mistakes,
and if a healthy young limb is at hand, then don?t hesitate to cook
it to perfection!

1 high quality limb, rack, or roast
Potatoes, carrot
Oil
celery
onions
green onions
parsley
garlic
salt, pepper, etc
2 cups beef stock

Marinate meat (optional, not necessary with better cuts).

Snow tire question Eric Mark Saturn 10 December 12th 04 08:02 PM
FS: Saturn Winter Tires and Wheels (Toronto) Kelly Saturn 0 December 7th 04 12:58 AM
Snow Tires for a '98 740iL Rob Kos BMW 2 November 1st 04 02:50 PM
Snow tires for winter? Arghon Arghowijctz Corvette 0 October 6th 04 02:43 PM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM