Ion - dissapointing

Old March 22nd 05, 03:24 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Mike" > wrote in message
> It was disappointing to have a salesman giving me that kind of crap.
> Especially with a company that gives you a "different" experience.
>

> The last 3 cars I bought, 95 camro Z28, 98 venture van (totaled), 2000
> ventrure van, I just went in with the factory invoice and said: this is

what
> I'll pay, is that good with you? If so, we can proceed.
>

> Don't get me wrong, I love my 92 SC. Saturn had a real winner with the
> SC's. It is amazing how many I still see on the road today. Its just
> something about the ION I can't put my finger on that doesn't grab me.

It's ugly?
It's butt ugly?
Personally I can't seem to get past the funky name and weird commercials.
And what the heck does "designed for what ever comes next" mean?????????

and how come Saturn doesn't make a wagon any more?

ron
94 SL1

Old March 23rd 05, 11:53 PM
Old time radio fan

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:24:01 -0500, "Ron Herfurth"

>and how come Saturn doesn't make a wagon any more?

Because wagons cut into more profitable SUV and minivan sales. It was
a conscious decision to make more money at our expense.
Old March 24th 05, 01:07 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Old time radio fan" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:24:01 -0500, "Ron Herfurth"
> > wrote:
> >
> >and how come Saturn doesn't make a wagon any more?

> Because wagons cut into more profitable SUV and minivan sales. It was
> a conscious decision to make more money at our expense.

But the 4 cylinder LW was about $2,600 more than the LS so they seemed to be
profiting some from the wagon(?)

oh well

looks like a Ford Focus wagon will be my next ride, can't afford a subaru or
VW wagon.

ron herfurth
94 SL1

Old March 25th 05, 10:05 PM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:53:31 GMT, Old time radio fan >
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:24:01 -0500, "Ron Herfurth"
>>
>>and how come Saturn doesn't make a wagon any more?

>Because wagons cut into more profitable SUV and minivan sales. It was
>a conscious decision to make more money at our expense.

Maybe the government should mandate they type of vehicle that is sold.
I hear that the Lada will satisfy your every need. There was a seven
year waiting list to get one of those Soviet produced cars when the
Union collapsed, and theser were people that had paid up front to get
on the wainting list.

Perhaps you should look at the well heeled class that can spend 40 to
50 k for a car. Last year they bought 400 BMW 3 series station wagons
in the US. Yeah that is right, 400 of them. The X5 outsold the
station wagon at better than 100 to 1.

The fact is the ameracan buyer will buy the largest piece of crap they
can afford to put gas in, and to buy a station wagon is to admit they
are a suburban dork, so they buy a station wagon on a truck chasis.
GM is merely responding to market demands.

Old March 26th 05, 07:40 PM
Mike

Auto makers usually are responding to the market from 3 years ago. Now all
the maker are stuck with gas guzzling SUVs while we want good gas mileage
now.

Old March 27th 05, 05:01 AM
Art

Actually the Ford 500 should be what the market needs if the quality is
decent. Check the mileage on a darn big car.

Old March 27th 05, 05:23 AM
blah blah

Yeah if you want to work on that Duratec 30degree V6 POS and if you
actually think its going to hold up lugging around that 3800lbs sedan.

My car, made in 1998, is roughly the same weight,
..8 liters more,
12 valves less,
2 hp more,
30 Lbs more torque,
uses a "timing chain" (not sure if duratec uses a belt but its likely),
same highway mileage while I'm doing 75mph with it seldom dipping below
24mpg combined highway/city and its design came out nearly 10 years
ago!!!

I hardly call the Ford 500 revolutionary. If you want a car now in its
price range, with a warranty, and that is easy to work on after the
warrenty is up then you better grab a new Bonneville before they're sold
out or a Grand Prix. Either one with a 3800 would be far better than a
car with an engine compartment that looks like it was thrown up in.

In article t>,
says...

Old March 27th 05, 05:44 AM
Art

The problem I have with GM Grand Prix and Bonneville is that whenever I rent
one I just cannot believe how many annoyances GM can build into the interior
of a car. It is beyond me why they can't fix the darn interior. It is
quiet but annoying as hell.

Old March 27th 05, 08:08 PM
blah blah

Yes let us ignore the those petty internal workings of the car for the
much more important annoyances in the interior that effect only the most
hypersensitive people driving those pesky rentals... <roles eyes>

In article . net>,
says...
> The problem I have with GM Grand Prix and Bonneville is that whenever I rent
> one I just cannot believe how many annoyances GM can build into the interior
> of a car. It is beyond me why they can't fix the darn interior. It is
> quiet but annoying as hell.
>

> "blah blah" > wrote in message
> > Yeah if you want to work on that Duratec 30degree V6 POS and if you
> > actually think its going to hold up lugging around that 3800lbs sedan.
> >
> > My car, made in 1998, is roughly the same weight,
> > .8 liters more,
> > 12 valves less,
> > 2 hp more,
> > 30 Lbs more torque,
> > uses a "timing chain" (not sure if duratec uses a belt but its likely),
> > same highway mileage while I'm doing 75mph with it seldom dipping below
> > 24mpg combined highway/city and its design came out nearly 10 years
> > ago!!!
> >
> > I hardly call the Ford 500 revolutionary. If you want a car now in its
> > price range, with a warranty, and that is easy to work on after the
> > warrenty is up then you better grab a new Bonneville before they're sold
> > out or a Grand Prix. Either one with a 3800 would be far better than a
> > car with an engine compartment that looks like it was thrown up in.
> >

> > In article t>,

says...