Vacumn pump adapter

Old July 22nd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Vacumn pump adapter

I need to vacumn my R134a system, and I have a good vacumn pump, but I
can't find an adapter to go from R22 to R234, does anybody make an
adpter for that?

Old July 22nd 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I need to vacumn my R134a system, and I have a good vacumn pump, but I
> can't find an adapter to go from R22 to R234, does anybody make an
> adpter for that?

R 22 and r12 fittings are the same.

Googled: "r12 to r134a adapter"

http://www.tooldesk.com/products/pro...l.aspx+id+1109
--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old July 22nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article <Oriwg.66845$9c6.21053@dukeread11>,
"Kevin" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I need to vacumn my R134a system, and I have a good vacumn pump, but I
> > can't find an adapter to go from R22 to R234, does anybody make an
> > adpter for that?
> >

> R 22 and r12 fittings are the same.
>
> Googled: "r12 to r134a adapter"
>
> http://www.tooldesk.com/products/pro...l.aspx+id+1109

Sounds like all he's got is the vacuum pump with 1/4" flare
fitting and need a way to connect to the vehicle?

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/cpsqc14set.html
Old July 22nd 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
BOB URZ

Default Vacuum pump adapter

wrote:

> I need to vacuum my R134a system, and I have a good vacuum pump, but I
> can't find an adapter to go from R22 to R134, does anybody make an
> adapter for that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VACUU...spagenameZWD1V

You can buy them from tools suppliers that have both 1/4" and acme
fittings on them also with caps on the unused connector.

Bob

Replace water pump myself - '97 TJ [email protected] Jeep 7 December 13th 05 02:47 PM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
Really Frustrated: Cannot Access PS Pump Bolt Julie P. Technology 7 September 26th 05 09:01 AM
Electric fuel pump question bige lewis Technology 2 August 1st 05 08:01 PM
C3 smog pump problem B Dragon Corvette 40 December 13th 04 10:08 PM