1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

Old September 12th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default 1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

XS11E wrote:

> I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam and the Miata fits me perfectly, as if
> designed specifically for my size. I've driven it on trips of around
> 400 miles or so and am completely happy with the fit.
>
> It's also white, maybe white Miatas fit better as well as being faster?
> Leon can explain it, I'm sure.

Yes, I am sure that Mazda looked at the potential miata market and said,
"let's design the car to fit people who are 6'4", since that is the
average height of people around the world, especially in America &
Japan". ;-)

You have me by 7 inches in height, but only 2 inches on the inseam. That
means your head is very close to the top when the top is raised.
If you were built like my friend, who probably has closer to a 38" - 40"
inseam, (I don't ask guys stuff like that), it would not fit you well at
all.

BTW, 400 miles is nothing, I have done that many times to the Mexican
border and back. 3600 miles in 12 days is a little more taxing, but it
was still comfortable to drive.
I don't think Leon would have been too comfortable on his Florida to
Alaska and back trip if he was double his size, no matter what color
miata he was driving. :-)
I am talking about width as well as height, and leg length means a lot
with this car.

Pat

Old September 12th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> That means your head is very close to the top when the top
> is raised.

I can wear an Australian Bush hat with the top up, there's enough
clearance. Your Miata must be MUCH smaller than mine.
Old September 12th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> Yes, I am sure that Mazda looked at the potential miata market and
> said, "let's design the car to fit people who are 6'4", since that
> is the average height of people around the world, especially in
> America & Japan". ;-)

Correct. 6'3" or less = midget, 6'5" or more = giant, 6'4" = perfect!

Actually the Miata was designed entirely in California and it was
designed to fit large people.

Having said all that, the original design has apparently been lost, I
don't fit in the current model at all as has been previously been
discussed. Sooner or later I'll sell the 1992 and then I'll probably
be out of the Miata world. <sigh>

It's not only fit, the chances of me buying a car w/o a spare tire are
less than the chances of the Arizona Cardinals winning the Super Bowl.
Of course, it's been almost 3 weeks since I had to use the spare...

Old September 12th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> I can wear an Australian Bush hat with the top up, there's enough
> clearance. Your Miata must be MUCH smaller than mine.

The thought of you driving your miata around while wearing an Australian
bush hat is just too damned scary, but I still want to see.
Do you have a picture of this frightening scenario?

At least it is my miata that you called smaller.... ;-)

Pat
Old September 12th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> Correct. 6'3" or less = midget, 6'5" or more = giant, 6'4" = perfect!

Heh.

> Actually the Miata was designed entirely in California and it was
> designed to fit large people.

Large is a relative term. My friend fit his Ford Bronco very well. As I
said before, he was probably incapable of driving the miata safely.

It also is not so much height as width.
On average, we are getting fatter and fatter, there is a certain limit
to how wide an ass that seat will hold.
There is also only so much room between the door and the console even if
the person flabs out over the bolsters. It is very much a double-seat on
the airplane situation without any options.

> Having said all that, the original design has apparently been lost, I
> don't fit in the current model at all as has been previously been
> discussed. Sooner or later I'll sell the 1992 and then I'll probably
> be out of the Miata world. <sigh>

But hopefully you will stay here. We love you, XS11E!

> It's not only fit, the chances of me buying a car w/o a spare tire are
> less than the chances of the Arizona Cardinals winning the Super Bowl.
> Of course, it's been almost 3 weeks since I had to use the spare...

Who in the hell are the Arizona Cardinals? Is that a sports team? ;-)

Pat

Old September 12th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Spirit ghost of Steve Irwin ?

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old September 12th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> Who in the hell are the Arizona Cardinals? Is that a sports team?
> ;-)

They've been pretending to be a professional football team for over 100
years and so far, nobody's buying their act.
Old September 12th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> The thought of you driving your miata around while wearing an
> Australian bush hat is just too damned scary, but I still want to
> see. Do you have a picture of this frightening scenario?

Nope. I wear it for camouflage, I work at the Phoenix Zoo and with my
uniform shirt, khaki trousers and the hat I blend in perfectly with
everyone else.

BTW, Phoenix summers demonstrate the effectiveness of the hat as a sun
shade, it works better than most anything else.

Old September 13th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> Nope. I wear it for camouflage,

When I read that I thought, man that is a dangerous zoo where the
keepers have to hide from the animals. ;-)

> I work at the Phoenix Zoo and with my
> uniform shirt, khaki trousers and the hat I blend in perfectly with
> everyone else.

Cool, do you have sulcatas there? (African Spurred Toroise)

Pat
Old September 13th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> Nope. I wear it for camouflage,

> When I read that I thought, man that is a dangerous zoo where the
> keepers have to hide from the animals. ;-)
>
>> I work at the Phoenix Zoo and with my
>> uniform shirt, khaki trousers and the hat I blend in perfectly with
>> everyone else.

> Cool, do you have sulcatas there? (African Spurred Toroise)

No, sorry, we have no African Spurred Toroise. We do have some African
Spurred Tortoises but I'm not sure if they're currently on display?

Some months ago I was giving a tour of the zoo and we stopped the cart
to look at the baboons. Across from them is the Mohr's Gazelle
enclosure and at that time there were at least two of the spurred
tortoises there hard at work making more spurred tortoises. One of the
other volunteers came by, looked at the scene and commented to me,
"We're going to get letters!"

We always do when sex happens, damn critters insist on behaving like...
well, like animals!

Need help with 1990 4-sale Sean[_2_] Mazda 14 September 11th 06 02:38 AM
1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price? Tom Mazda 13 May 11th 06 04:24 AM
1990 Miata [email protected] Mazda 1 May 10th 06 03:17 AM
question about '91 miata driveshaft pws Mazda 11 December 17th 05 04:57 PM
FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM