Credit Card Scam -- should I cancel my card??

Old February 28th 05, 07:01 PM
Dan

Default Credit Card Scam -- should I cancel my card??

While paying bills this weekend, my wife found a charge on a VISA card
for $9.99 from something listed as kcsoftllc. We assumed it was a
software upgrade, or something similar, from KC Software. My annual
subscription to Norton Anti-Virus was coincidentally on the same bill.
But neither of us could remember charging anything for the computer
for $9.99. A little digging turned up this link:

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/rep...poff103713.htm

The charge was bogus, and we have reported it to VISA. Most people
don't bother to research or dispute a charge of less than $10,
especially if the VISA bill is several hundred dollars. Even VISA
doesn't seem to really care.

There is an interesting twist, in that they KC Soft will respond (sort
of) if you complain to them Then they want you to fill out a
complaint form with all your personal financial data. Whoa!!

Now the debate begins on whether we should cancel the
credit card, or not. Clearly, it's been compromised once.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Dan
Old March 1st 05, 04:25 AM
Art

Keep the card and throw away the form and watch for future charges. Tell
visa you never did business with them and if they want send them the form
for the fraud department.