Hood stuck on 94 explorer ltd

Old February 24th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Hood stuck on 94 explorer ltd

Yesterday I was under the hood and then let the hood down unaware that
the hood clamps were in the closed position. I have tried with three
people to pry it open with our hands and just cannot undo it. i have
tried opening it by pulling the hood release and pulling the hood up at
the same time but with no success. Would taking off the grille help and
if so can I do it without being able to raise the hood? There has got
to be some way to open it without totally wrecking the hood. Any ideas
will be appreciated!

Old March 1st 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Yup there is . There are two bolts on each side of the pin latch. You
can just fit a socket extention to it. Un bolt and lift up the hood.

Later Mike