bolt pattern

Old October 28th 04, 09:19 PM
Dread

Default bolt pattern

have a 69 impala i just bought and i want to know what bolt pattern they are
and what cars could i pull wheels off of to fit, preffered 14's or 15's. the
reason i ask is because the car came with 13 inch 70 spokes wheels w the
octogonal knock offs and im not a 13 inch wheel kinda guy AND i cant get the
knock offs off.
so im figuring ill pull some wheels at the salvage yard and take them w the
car to get the old ones off and get the ones i will be pulling put on in
their place.
which leads me back to my question, which chevys can i pull wheels from
that would fit? oh it has four wheel drum brakes if that helps any.
all help appreciated and thanks in advanced.

Old October 28th 04, 10:43 PM
tom

just about any gm product from the late 50's to the late 80's early 90's
. ..

Old October 29th 04, 03:35 AM
Dread

thanks

t...

Old October 29th 04, 05:29 AM
Classic Auto Works

> have a 69 impala i just bought and i want to know what bolt pattern they

are
> and what cars could i pull wheels off of to fit, preffered 14's or 15's.

the

5 x 4.75 pattern 15x 8 will be your best bet
Late model stuff sometimes have a lot of offset but most anything from the
50's to the 80's in GM some of the tanks ,Caddy's and such had 5 x 5
pattern.
Mike
Classic Auto Works

Old October 29th 04, 02:38 PM
dreas

"Classic Auto Works" <mikecaw@mcleodusa> wrote in message

> > have a 69 impala i just bought and i want to know what bolt pattern they

> are
> > and what cars could i pull wheels off of to fit, preffered 14's or 15's.

> the
>
> 5 x 4.75 pattern 15x 8 will be your best bet
> Late model stuff sometimes have a lot of offset but most anything from

the
> 50's to the 80's in GM some of the tanks ,Caddy's and such had 5 x 5
> pattern.

In our fleet of late 80's and early 90's Chevrolet taxis, the pattern for
the
standard cars was different from those with the police pack options. We
have since started using Fords [because RWD Chevys are becoming
hard to find]

-'dreas

Old October 31st 04, 02:51 AM
Dan Thomas

"Classic Auto Works" <mikecaw@mcleodusa> wrote in message >...
> > have a 69 impala i just bought and i want to know what bolt pattern they

> are
> > and what cars could i pull wheels off of to fit, preffered 14's or 15's.

> the
>
> 5 x 4.75 pattern 15x 8 will be your best bet
> Late model stuff sometimes have a lot of offset but most anything from the
> 50's to the 80's in GM some of the tanks ,Caddy's and such had 5 x 5
> pattern.
> Mike
> Classic Auto Works

GM went to 5 x 5" in the mid-'70s on most applications, as
did Ford on their cars a little later. 5 x 4.75" is what your car will
be. It can be hard to measure, but if you see raised ridges in the
steel between the holes, it's likely 4.75", and if there's no ridge
between holes it'll be 5".

Dan
Old November 2nd 04, 11:29 PM
Ken McNairn

Measuring the size of the bolt circle on a 5 stud wheel is no problem. Simply measure from the
center of one hole to the outside of the hole which is two positions around the circle. Works every
time.

Ken.

Old November 4th 04, 10:11 PM
Dread

will stock alloys from a 83 z28 fit? found four from a buddy for 50 bucks
hope i can use them , cant beat the price