300 limited gas cap holder

Old March 23rd 05, 04:55 AM
The Commander

Default 300 limited gas cap holder

I have a new 05 300 Limited and one thing I noticed is there is
no gas cap holder in the gas cap cover. All my cars, even my Hynundai
has a place to hold the cas cap while fueling.

Can any other 05 300 Limited owners confirm if theirs has one or not?

thanks!

Old March 23rd 05, 04:04 PM
Punch

"The Commander" > wrote in message
>I have a new 05 300 Limited and one thing I noticed is there is
> no gas cap holder in the gas cap cover. All my cars, even my Hynundai
> has a place to hold the cas cap while fueling.
>
> Can any other 05 300 Limited owners confirm if theirs has one or not?
>
> thanks!

not sure on this model but my car had a small clip on the door, you hook the
plastic cable ( gas cap to car body) over the hook

Old March 23rd 05, 05:44 PM
Art

Most Chryslers have a plastic string which is better. The cap just hangs
from the opening.

Old March 23rd 05, 08:42 PM
marlinspike

How is that better? So it just rubs against the paint? The best set up is
the old Benz cradle on the backside of the fuel filler door. The second best
is the BMW gas cap stand that doesn't let you close it without putting the
cap back on.
Richard
nk.net...

Old March 23rd 05, 10:00 PM
Steve

marlinspike wrote:

> How is that better? So it just rubs against the paint?

So you don't even have to think about putting the cap in a silly "cradle."

And in 12 years and 220,000 miles worth of fill-ups, my wife's car
doesn't have any marks on the paint from the plastic gas cap hanging on
its plastic tether.

Old March 23rd 05, 10:16 PM
The Commander

Steve has gotten the point..

my 03 Hyundai Elantra and my 02 Dodge quad cab BOTH
have cradles in the filler door that you screw the cap in so that
it does not it the paint or car.

So my question once again, specific to the Chrysler 300 Limited
does anyone have a cradle. Of course my cap has a plastic tether
that keeps it from being lost.

I want to make sure my car is not missing a piece.

thanks!

Old March 23rd 05, 10:52 PM
Bob Shuman

None of the Chryslers I have ever owned have ever had a gas cap cradle.
Instead, all came equipped with the tether.

Bob

Old March 24th 05, 01:12 AM
Art

I examined my paint with a microscope. No gas cap paint damage yet.

Old March 24th 05, 01:28 AM
mic canic

was there not a strap????

Old March 24th 05, 04:45 AM
The Commander

yes there is a plastic strap on the cap, but it hangs down and
could scratch the paint if not careful.

I am going to come up with a modification then since nobody
has an 05 300 limited I can compare too.

thanks

stan