86 GW

Old May 18th 05, 03:12 AM
butch

Default 86 GW

I am just getting my 1986 Grand Wagoneer up and road worthy. It has an
Electric Plow setup. I disconnected it, and the Battery drained dead in 2
days. The starter wont even click when I turn the Key. Any hints on where to
start looking for drainage? I have replaced the Battery ends, and cleaned
up the connections.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shawn in NY
1986 Grand Wagoneer 360 Auto

Old May 18th 05, 04:06 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Shawn,
I would start with the battery, take it down to the parts store and
have them put quick charge on it, and load test on it, that should show
up any internal shorts. Then start testing with your ten dollar
voltmeter, for shorts, you may have to pull the accessory fuse if your
radio has memory clock and pre sets. A common problem after jump starts
is the accidental cross polarity that zaps the alternator diodes, which
is easily found by disconnect it's battery wire and placing the
voltmeter in-between, will show that leak.
A helpful, Real Wagon site: http://www.ifsja.org/tech/index.shtml
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/