A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Technology
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Help with Company car management

Old August 8th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Help with Company car management

As one of those "other duties as assigned" items on my job description, I am responsible for the upkeep of 7 passenger vehicles my company uses. These are not delivery vehicles, but used by employees to travel to customers as well as various other places.

It is difficult for me to know the mileage on these vehicles when they are not here to determine when they need service. I also never know when a check engine light or some other problem occurs until someone complains. (I have some people that thin when the check engine light is on their life is in danger. (long story...)

Can anyone out there recommend some sort of fleet software that utilizes an obd 2 connector that could wirelessly transmit to my computer a vehicles mileage and service reminder as well as the ability to be notified of a check engine light and be able to view basic obd2 data similar to a cheap scanner? (Preferably not too expensive as I would have to get it approved).

I appreciate any help and/or advice.
Ads
Old August 12th 14, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a
external usenet poster

Default Help with Company car management

We use Donlen services https://fleetweb.donlen.com/login.html Not sure of the costs.