01 Accord Battery changed oil light now flashes

Old January 23rd 05, 10:28 PM
mrbubl

Default 01 Accord Battery changed oil light now flashes

Had the original battery changed and the bone heads did not have a
battery saver setup for the change and lost all the codes and trip odd
and on the way home the oil light now flashes. COuld they have blown
something in their replacement?

Checked level and it was .5 qt low and topped off and oil light stays
off when first started then comes on and flashes. no other indicators

origanl owner 56K miles. I would suspect a sensor or a fuse but would
like some wisdom here b4 back to the dealer. do not have a OBDII reader.

A little help here appreciated.
Old January 24th 05, 05:19 AM
motsco_ _

mrbubl wrote:
> Had the original battery changed and the bone heads did not have a
> battery saver setup for the change and lost all the codes and trip odd
> and on the way home the oil light now flashes. COuld they have blown
> something in their replacement?
>
> Checked level and it was .5 qt low and topped off and oil light stays
> off when first started then comes on and flashes. no other indicators
>
> origanl owner 56K miles. I would suspect a sensor or a fuse but would
> like some wisdom here b4 back to the dealer. do not have a OBDII reader.
>
> A little help here appreciated.

They may have introduced a 'glitch' if they made a bunch of sparks while
connecting the new battery. Just disconnect it again, then reconnect it
'cleanly' without a bunch of sparks. Errors may go away.

'Curly'