Best tires to buy for SW2

Old August 13th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
J B

Default Best tires to buy for SW2

About a year or so ago I read a thread on here that mentioned a tire
that some drivers wanted to buy for their Saturns. Seemed the consensus
was that brand was the best and helped make for a real smooth ride.
Considering how low my SW2 sits I'd like to get tires that would help
make riding in it as comfortable and safe as possible. Seems like it may
have had the word Mountain in the name, or at least something rugged
sounding.

I'm about to get new shocks and tires so I'm researching this now.
Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Old August 13th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
J B

Thanks SnoMan. I'm planning on renewing my Sam's Club membership soon
myself, so that's one of the places I'll be pricing them at. Appreciate
the info.

Jeff

Old August 14th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
J B

Thanks for the info William. At least I'll have a good idea of a couple
of brands to check into when I price tires.

Jeff

Old August 14th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

check out www.tirerack.com

marx404

Old August 14th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:56:14 GMT, BläBlä
. S!RCRE4P.C0M> wrote:

>One defining factor we havent a clue about is location (climate). If you
>dont get snow you dont need an aggressive tread obviously. Just about
>any tire these days will give you a good ride unless its some sort of
>hard crap made to last more than 100k+ miles. Personally I like Cooper
>Tires as they offer about the only real American made tires anymore.

Allegra's are not agreesive and my daughter SC2 will do about 40 MPG
with them on a trip so they roll nice. THere is a cooper tire main
warehouse near here and while cooper makes a lot of tires, they are
only a "B" tire at best when it comes to top end radials.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old August 14th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
TC

I had a 2000 SW2. I replaced the awful stock Firestone tires with
Goodyear Aquatred 3's. They were awesome. In the winter, I used
Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50's with an extra set of steel wheels. I'd do
the same again if I still had an SW2.
Old August 14th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:53:07 -0500, TC > wrote:

>I had a 2000 SW2. I replaced the awful stock Firestone tires with
>Goodyear Aquatred 3's. They were awesome. In the winter, I used
>Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50's with an extra set of steel wheels. I'd do
>the same again if I still had an SW2.

You want some awesome winter tires, try studded ones. I use them on my
plow trucks, they are a bit noisy at times but the traction is ice and
snow is incredible.
TheSnoMan.com