Magnum RT prices??

Old October 28th 04, 03:49 PM
Jack Carter

Default Magnum RT prices??

Has anyone been able to get any kind of a "deal" on one yet? Seems like it's
strictly a seller's market so far with a few dealers even padding the window
sticker prices. One local dealer has seven in stock and and doesn't seem to
be interested in moving 'em out.

Old October 28th 04, 11:02 PM
James C. Reeves

"Jack Carter" > wrote in message
| Has anyone been able to get any kind of a "deal" on one yet? Seems like it's
| strictly a seller's market so far with a few dealers even padding the window
| sticker prices. One local dealer has seven in stock and and doesn't seem to
| be interested in moving 'em out.

Wait a year and buy a used one for 1/2-2/3 price.

Old October 28th 04, 11:02 PM
James C. Reeves

Old November 4th 04, 05:45 AM
psyklops

No deals on the RT right now. The HEMI is proving to be very popular,
and the production isn't up to speed; the 300C gets priority over the
Magnum, so it's supply v. demand. CarsDirect.com shows them going $750
over MSRP. I bought a Midnight Blue HEMI and was only able to get them
to drop the dealer prep - $300. By going thru Chrysler Financing I got
$1000 off. CF's rate is 5.9%. - I can do better. But there's no
penalty for early payment in CA, so the Finance guy said to secure my
own financing, then mail 3 seperate payments to CF as soon as I get the
coupon book from Chrysler. You need to make at least 3 payments, but
they don't need to be each month. It's a shell game, but it saved me a
grand.

As far as the car goes, I'm really happy. I'm coming from a '96 2-door
Tahoe,(also w/ a 5.7L). It's georgous, it hauls ass, and corners well.
Gas is not great, but better than my Tahoe. The fit and finish is good
- better than I expected from an american nameplate. I've only had it 5
days, but am looking foward to the next 5 years. I recommend it.

Old November 5th 04, 02:37 PM
AntwainBarbour

"psyklops" > wrote in message roups.com>...
> As far as the car goes, I'm really happy. I'm coming from a '96 2-door
> Tahoe,(also w/ a 5.7L). It's georgous, it hauls ass, and corners well.
> Gas is not great, but better than my Tahoe. The fit and finish is good
> - better than I expected from an american nameplate. I've only had it 5
> days, but am looking foward to the next 5 years. I recommend it.

It sounds like you've had a pretty nice expereince so far. I'm gonna
go and try to test drive one over the weekend. I love the look and
I've heard that even though I'm tall, I will be able to fit in it
alright with head and leg room. Plus, the gas has gotta be better
than my Jeep right now that definitely doesn't have the same power
that the Magnum will.
Old November 5th 04, 02:37 PM
AntwainBarbour

Old November 6th 04, 05:21 AM
psyklops

Leg room is good both front & rear. This is a full sized ride... it's
roomier in the back than a Crown Vic. Footpedals are electronically
adjustable on the RT. It's almost as wide as my Tahoe, and it's
noticeably longer... my (2-dr) Tahoe turns tighter. It's very
comfortable; I had 3 co-workers go for a spin to see how they fit (3
good sized dudes), and they all really liked it.

I won't fret about the gas mileage until the motor is broken in... it's
only at 500 mi. Truthfully, it doesn't matter much. I don't drive
hellacious miles, and I want the V8 balls.

When you drive it, check out the AutoStick. Just tap the shifter to the
left (while in D) and your'e in 4th. Tap again for 3rd, and so on. Tap
to the right to upshift. It's taking me time to get the feel, but it's
cool. I drove up all through the Angeles Crest Hiway, in the San
Gabriel Mtns. NE of Los Angeles... really windy switchbacks, lots of
altitude differential; this is motorcycle heaven. Using the AutoStick,
I did a lot of downshifting for braking into turns... it was nice. But
it will take time to really get fluent on it.

Old November 8th 04, 02:51 PM
AntwainBarbour

"psyklops" > wrote in message roups.com>...
> Leg room is good both front & rear. This is a full sized ride... it's
> roomier in the back than a Crown Vic. Footpedals are electronically
> adjustable on the RT. It's almost as wide as my Tahoe, and it's
> noticeably longer... my (2-dr) Tahoe turns tighter. It's very
> comfortable; I had 3 co-workers go for a spin to see how they fit (3
> good sized dudes), and they all really liked it.
>
> I won't fret about the gas mileage until the motor is broken in... it's
> only at 500 mi. Truthfully, it doesn't matter much. I don't drive
> hellacious miles, and I want the V8 balls.
>
> When you drive it, check out the AutoStick. Just tap the shifter to the
> left (while in D) and your'e in 4th. Tap again for 3rd, and so on. Tap
> to the right to upshift. It's taking me time to get the feel, but it's
> cool. I drove up all through the Angeles Crest Hiway, in the San
> Gabriel Mtns. NE of Los Angeles... really windy switchbacks, lots of
> altitude differential; this is motorcycle heaven. Using the AutoStick,
> I did a lot of downshifting for braking into turns... it was nice. But
> it will take time to really get fluent on it.

I ended up having to leave town over the weekend and didn't get to
test it out, so I'm bummed. I am going to try and get my hands on one
either during the week or over the next weekend. I have been seeing
pictures of them recently, and all they're doing is getting me more
excited.

What's with E36 M3 asking prices? 303squadron BMW 14 October 6th 04 07:51 PM
Anyone buy/lease/drive a Magnum RT yet? Jeff Dodge 0 July 16th 04 02:58 AM
petrol prices Tom Alfa Romeo 5 June 2nd 04 09:45 PM
Dodge Magnum, seen one? GRL Dodge 3 April 14th 04 04:06 PM