The Tornado?

Old September 9th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Default The Tornado?

Jeepster proclaimed:

> Does the little spiral shaped device known as the Tornado actually
> improve engine efficiency and power like it advertises?

Of course it does, why would they lie?
One caution, be very careful not to put two of them in series or your
engine may become so efficient it will begin spewing raw gasoline all
over the road at high speeds.
Old September 9th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Lon wrote:
> Jeepster proclaimed:
>
>> Does the little spiral shaped device known as the Tornado actually
>> improve engine efficiency and power like it advertises?
>>

> Of course it does, why would they lie?
> One caution, be very careful not to put two of them in series or your
> engine may become so efficient it will begin spewing raw gasoline all
> over the road at high speeds.

Which is likely what will happen when one of those silly fins
breaks off and gets sucked into the engine.

--
DougW

Old September 9th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

It's a scam.

Carl

ups.com...

Old September 9th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

Yes it can work, BUT to have a big enough motor to be useful it's going
to take a LOT of electrical power to make it work. Think about the
belts and pullies that supercharged engines use, to make an electric
supercharger roughly comparable to one of these you are going to have to
pull that much power out of the cars electrical system.

Jeff DeWitt

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 10th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Like about a hundred crank horsepower:
http://www.billhughes.com/supercharger.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old September 10th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Norman

Excellent Bill!

LOL
Norman
1982 CJ-7

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> A fool and their money are soon parted. And there's a sucker born
> every minute.

http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/272/...e190edf e767f
> http://www.airaid.com/

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...e=Perf ormics

> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> billy ray wrote:
> >
> > Shows what you know...... it is one of the fastest and most efficient

ways

Old September 12th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Simon Juncal

Jeepster wrote:
> Does the little spiral shaped device known as the Tornado actually
> improve engine efficiency and power like it advertises?

one of the consumer sites a while ago tested a bunch of those things...
the best one produced no HP or Torque increase and only slightly lowered
MPG's the others all reduced power, torque and mileage by measurable
amounts, the worst lost something like 11HP 2 MPG and was described as
looking "like it would break apart and get sucked into the intake"

The losses were due to the gizmo actually restricting air flow.

--
Simon
"I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Old September 12th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

"Jeepster" > wrote

The Tornado 260 was used in Jeep trucks from about 63 to 65, but not in
Jeepsters. You don't need one

Old September 12th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Wrong Tornado: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/tornadoOHCengine3.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old September 12th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne[_1_]

If they did, they would be as common on vehicles as tyres.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
ups.com...

Tornado Fuel Saver Adam Dodge 11 December 27th 05 05:22 PM
Tornado fuel saver Lee VW water cooled 5 September 1st 05 10:55 AM
90 Old Tornado Cluster- pinouts ? [email protected] Technology 2 February 21st 05 05:34 AM
Tornado Product? Keith Amos Dodge 2 January 4th 05 07:08 PM