Source for a Liberty 2006 Service Manual

Old September 9th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott

Default Source for a Liberty 2006 Service Manual

Does anyone know of a source for a 2006 Liberty Service
Manual. Jeep wants $350 for one, which soounds a little extreme to me.
I guess I will have to find a CD somewhere since they are only about
$90. I was just hoping someone might know of a source elsewhere.
Scott
Old September 9th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

Check out eBay for the CD manuals or maybe the paper ones. I recall
something like automanuals.com or alldat.com having a lot of information,
maybe the manuals.

HTH,

Carl

Old September 12th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne[_1_]

Yikes. The Wrangler ones were only about $90 when I bought mine.

--
Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old September 14th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bruce Yelen

DC prices are really getting out of hand. Have you checked into an Alldata
(http://www.alldata.com) subscription? They will pretty much have all the
info that the manual will.

-Bruce

Old September 14th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott

I really wanted the paper manual, but next choice is a CD based one.
Online is great, but I don't want to depend on an I-net connection not
going south at the wrong time, and the factory manuals are still
better than Alldata.
Scott

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:17:50 -0600, "Bruce Yelen" >
wrote:

>DC prices are really getting out of hand. Have you checked into an Alldata
>(http://www.alldata.com) subscription? They will pretty much have all the
>info that the manual will.
>
>-Bruce

.. .

Old September 14th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I used to prefer paper but the CDs are so convenient when you need to look
something up. I guess I'm just getting more computer literate.

"Scott" > wrote in message
>I really wanted the paper manual, but next choice is a CD based one.
> Online is great, but I don't want to depend on an I-net connection not
> going south at the wrong time, and the factory manuals are still
> better than Alldata.
> Scott
>
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:17:50 -0600, "Bruce Yelen" >
> wrote:
>
>>DC prices are really getting out of hand. Have you checked into an
>>Alldata
>>(http://www.alldata.com) subscription? They will pretty much have all the
>>info that the manual will.
>>
>>-Bruce

. ..

Old September 15th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

You may always print it out, but we can't beat the word search
feature of our word processors.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott

True, but I sure hate to pay $100 for a cd based manual Paper manuals
were generally in that price range, and I know they were more costly
to reroduce. $350 for a paper book is just off the hook.
Scott

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:00:27 -0700, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III"

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 15th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Scott wrote:
> True, but I sure hate to pay $100 for a cd based manual Paper manuals
> were generally in that price range, and I know they were more costly
> to reroduce. $350 for a paper book is just off the hook.
> Scott

I'm almost done scanning my 93 service book to pdf.
The good part is it can be commented in and if I get
a few pages covered in grease there's no loss.

The only way I'd pay $350 for a paper book is if it was the full
up service book with all parts breakdowns, service procedures, and
updates. (the 2ft thick one)

--
DougW