TJ windshields?

Old February 2nd 05, 09:59 PM
Ken Knapp

Default TJ windshields?

I have a good one. A couple years ago on my old '97 TJ the windshield
mysteriously cracked. Parked it in the driveway and the next time I drove it
the windshield was cracked.

Last week my wife used my '03 TJ and parked it in the driveway where it sat
until today. This morning when she drove it again the windshield was cracked
from top to bottom. We live out in the country so I know nobody is breaking
them on me, besides we have several other cars and nothing has ever happened
to them.

The jeep is still under warranty and I'm hoping it will be covered. Is this
a TJ problem? If so is there anything I can do to prevent this? I sure don't
want to pay for too many of these. I remember I priced one for my '97 and
they weren't cheap (at least not as cheap as you'd expect for flat glass!).

Ken

--
Ken Knapp
www.rktreasures.com

Old February 2nd 05, 10:50 PM
Lee Ayrton

Check your auto insurance policy. Many include glass coverage even if you
don't carry collision. They consider it a safety issue and would rather
pay for the glass (hey, you're paying for it in the end) than for
collision injuries.

I don't have the slip handy but my CJ replacement glass cost somewhere
around $125US, installed.

--
"I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with
whips....r"

Old February 3rd 05, 03:12 AM
Ken Knapp

Thanks for the info. I didn't consider the defroster. That might have done
it. I'll have to check my insurance too.

Ken

Old February 3rd 05, 11:44 AM
FrankW

Ya I'm on my 3rd one with my 01TJ
The defroster did it the last time.
Stone chip started it though.

Old February 3rd 05, 03:25 PM

I had a problem where the Chrysler ones kept breaking; the last
replacement I got in 2000 was made by Lamiver (Canadian) and has never
broken. Even got a stone chip in it last year that never got bigger.
I'd recommend them, and they're cheap.

Matt

Old February 3rd 05, 03:27 PM
IsellJeeps

i get them instaled for 100 bucks from uni-glass here in houston

Old February 3rd 05, 07:32 PM
Jeff Strickland

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the warranty to kick in, it ain't
gonna happen.

Old February 3rd 05, 08:52 PM
Ben

I had the windshield replaced in my YJ and it was round $132 installed at my
house...

Ben
95 YJ 2.5L

.com...

Old February 25th 05, 06:30 PM
Alex Hill

" > wrote in message:

I had three winshields crack so far on my 03 TJ. All the cracking
started at the defroster. Usually it was very cold outside (-20 to
-30 degrees) and I had the defroster on maximum heat (bad idea). All
three of the times I saw it happen.