East coast Canada - road trip

Old March 21st 05, 03:12 AM
SteveBrady

Default East coast Canada - road trip

Hey guys,
I hit the big 3-0 this year (the hairline is hitting the big 68!) and I'm
looking to do a roadtrip to the east coast of Canada.
I don't have as much time off as I'd like...so getting to 'the rock' won't
happen....possibly!
But was wondering if any of y'all had been out there (or are out there) and
what's a 'definate' thing to check out!?

I'm looking to go in July, as I'm busy with work from august until the end
of the year! hurray!
Anyhow...the cabot trail is a for sure....but I was lookin for some kayaking
tours too....any festivals.

Thanks
sb

Old March 21st 05, 04:32 PM
Steve

If you're bringing a tent, be sure to spend a few days at McLeod's Beach
campground near Dunvegan, north of Inverness on Cape Breton's west
coast. Warm water, sunsets, awesome spot.

As well as Cabot trail, the coastal route between Yarmouth and Halifax
is real nice. Decent surfing beaches east of Halifax. Check out Minas
Basin to Cape Chignecto for 50 ft tides, sea caves, pillars, cliffs.

Good kayak operators everywhere, esp North River CB, Tangier, Liverpool.
Paddle with whales at Cheticamp.

Order the free guide books he http://novascotia.com/

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old March 21st 05, 09:49 PM
Rich Hampel

No matter where you go in Atlantic Canada you WILL have a good
time..... suggest that you dont to 'places' but spend some time with
the 'people'. The Cabot Trail is a MUST.
The celtic music festivals on PEI should be in full swing by July. With
the new bridge you dont have to wait for the ferry. Damn I havent been
there in a few years .... I might see you there.
So............, when are they going to build a bridge to the 'rock'?

Old March 22nd 05, 12:42 AM
Morrissey

So who would come all the way to the East coast and not hit the rock? Where
can you possibly find better rock crawling than a place called the rock.
Make a real trip of it and visit Newfoundland (or is that New Fun Land?

BillM
Mount Pearl, NL

Old March 22nd 05, 12:25 PM
Jeff

when are they going to build a bridge to the 'rock'?

A newfie was walking down the beach and came across an Alladins lamp...while
he was cleaning it up...POOF! out pops a Genie... the Genie tells the Newf
"for releasing me from that awful lamp I will grant you one wish."
so the Newf thinks for a bit and decides that it would be sooooo nice to
have a bridge to the rock...so he tells the Genie "I'd like ya to have a
bridge built to the rock, just like PEI's." the Genie sits and humms and
ha's..."well my lil' Newf, that's a lil' extreme, it would be next to
impossible to build a bridge to the mainland so please make another wish."
The newf sits there thinking for a bit and decides that he's sick and tired
of the rest of Canada making fun of their newfie smarts, so decides that it
would be really nice if he could make the Newfie's as smart as the rest of
the Canadians and the Genie replies "how many tiers did ya want in that
bridge??"
LOL

--
Jeff