Ford Sync Software Version

Old February 3rd 11, 11:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood

Default Ford Sync Software Version

Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the
Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle.
Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
Old February 3rd 11, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:48:02 -0500, J.B. Wood wrote:

> Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the
> Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
> the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks
> for your time and comment. Sincerely,

It is probably hidden, but if you could get to the shell, you could type,
"winver". Probably a version of Win7.
Old February 3rd 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

sctvguy1 wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:48:02 -0500, J.B. Wood wrote:
>
> > Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the
> > Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
> > the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks
> > for your time and comment. Sincerely,

> It is probably hidden, but if you could get to the shell, you could type,
> "winver". Probably a version of Win7.

No, it's not Win7, it's an embedded offshoot of Windows though. The Sync
manual that came with the vehicle or can be downloaded from the Ford
site will clearly show how to find the versions of all the firmware,
they aren't at all hidden, they are clearly listed in one of the menu
options along with the Sirius sat receiver IDs and whatnot.
Old February 4th 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ED

"J.B. Wood" > wrote in message
> Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the
> Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
> the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks
> for your time and comment. Sincerely,
> --

Go here and register your vehicle. All data and updates available:
http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...reSupport.aspx

Old February 5th 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J. B. Wood[_2_]

On 02/03/2011 06:48 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
> Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the
> Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
> the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks
> for your time and comment. Sincerely,

My thanks to all who took the time to reply and provide guidance. Turns
out the info was in the Sync manual after all. The relevant information
can be viewed on the dash display as both an "Auto Version Number" and
an "FPN". The Auto Version Number appears to be the Sync software
version and I'm guessing that FPN stands for Ford Part Number. Sincerely,

--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory