Hotter Plugs for 1995 SL1

Old August 26th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_6_]

Default Hotter Plugs for 1995 SL1

I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is actually
"hotter" than stock? I stopped at the local NAPA auto parts store and they
said my stock plugs are the hottest available except for these after-market
"oil burring car" plugs that have a 13/16 hex instead of the smaller hex our
stock plugs have.

Thoughts?

Would a wide re-gap provide the same advantage?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg
http://www.youthelate.com

Old August 26th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:45:05 GMT, "Joe"
> wrote:

>I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
>fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is actually
>"hotter" than stock? I stopped at the local NAPA auto parts store and they
>said my stock plugs are the hottest available except for these after-market
>"oil burring car" plugs that have a 13/16 hex instead of the smaller hex our
>stock plugs have.

What is the brand and number on plug now? Hotter plugs in a oil
burning engine is a very old trick that can work well sometimes.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old August 26th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_6_]

>>I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
>>fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is
>>actually
>>"hotter" than stock? I stopped at the local NAPA auto parts store and
>>they
>>said my stock plugs are the hottest available except for these
>>after-market
>>"oil burring car" plugs that have a 13/16 hex instead of the smaller hex
>>our
>>stock plugs have.

> What is the brand and number on plug now? Hotter plugs in a oil
> burning engine is a very old trick that can work well sometimes.

I wasn't smart enough to note that info while I was at the store... Anyone
know?

Old August 27th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NapalmHeart

"Joe" > wrote in message
> I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
> fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is
> actually "hotter" than stock? I stopped at the local NAPA auto parts
> store and they said my stock plugs are the hottest available except for
> these after-market "oil burring car" plugs that have a 13/16 hex instead
> of the smaller hex our stock plugs have.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Would a wide re-gap provide the same advantage?

No.

> Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Here's a link that might give you some direction.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...31000&country=

Ken

Old August 27th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_6_]

> Here's a link that might give you some direction.
> http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...31000&country=

Thanks Ken. I leart' sumthin' new today!

Old August 30th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

We use NGK platinum in ours and have had no problems at all.

marx404

Old August 30th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_10_]

"marx404" > wrote in message
news
> We use NGK platinum in ours and have had no problems at all.

I burn a quart of oil every 500-700 miles so I need hotter than stock plugs.
Do you burn oil too?