1998 Stratus Oxygen sensor. Piece of cake right?

Old September 26th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Kevin

Default 1998 Stratus Oxygen sensor. Piece of cake right?

Ok, need to replace the OS on the car and although I am ok with working
on vehicles I am far from a pro. Is it easy to install or should I just
cough up the $$$ to have it installed?

Old September 26th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Kevin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ok, need to replace the OS on the car and although I am ok with working
> on vehicles I am far from a pro. Is it easy to install or should I just
> cough up the $$$ to have it installed?

Since you don't post what Stratus or what engine or which of the possible
4 -02 Sensors may be bad it would be hard to answer.
Some are easy to get to and some are a pain. How do you know which one is
bad????

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 26th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Kevin

4 cylinder 2.4L ... I think...

Old September 26th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 25 Sep 2006 17:06:45 -0700, "Kevin" >
wrote:

>4 cylinder 2.4L ... I think... <snip>

You "think?" Ever try reading the manual, or looking under the hood?

Most OČ sensors are threaded into a boss on an exhaust manifold, and
care has to be taken if they've been there a long time. Usually some
penetrating oil around the threads will help crack them loose, but
since there was anti-sieze put on the threads at the factory, they
shouldn't be that big a problem. Access, however, especially on V6s,
can be a niggly if not insurmountable problem, however.
Old September 26th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
duty-honor-country[_5_]

DeserTBoB wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2006 17:06:45 -0700, "Kevin" >
> wrote:
>
> >4 cylinder 2.4L ... I think... <snip>

> You "think?" Ever try reading the manual, or looking under the hood?
>
> Most OČ sensors are threaded into a boss on an exhaust manifold, and
> care has to be taken if they've been there a long time. Usually some
> penetrating oil around the threads will help crack them loose, but
> since there was anti-sieze put on the threads at the factory, they
> shouldn't be that big a problem. Access, however, especially on V6s,
> can be a niggly if not insurmountable problem, however.

You had no idea what an O2 sensor was even for, until you read my
posts- you thought sensors were all BS.

All of a sudden, you're saying "read the manual", etc.

Just like I say.

sorry, you can't be me !

Keep in mind, all- this "DeserTBob" guy is no mechanic- he is a FIRED
Bell Telephone employee, the "phone guy" they send to your house, when
your phone don't work.

But all that work has now been subcontracted out- and DeserTBoob lost
his job- so that's why he landed on Usenet unemployed and talking a
good mechanic's job...

He drives a 1978 Honda- I rest my case !