CD/MP3 player in radio slot - '71 Ghia

Old July 2nd 05, 02:39 PM
Steve Mc

Default CD/MP3 player in radio slot - '71 Ghia

I've wanted to install a cd/mp3 player in my Ghia, but all that I've seen
won't fit the existing slot. I do not want to cut/enlarge the slot. Any
suggestions or ideas ?

Thanks,

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Old July 2nd 05, 02:47 PM
Karls Vladimir Peña

Have you thought about installing it in the glove box?

m...

Old July 2nd 05, 03:13 PM
Steve Mc

I did, but I'd rather have it in the radio slot, though I may have to
re-visit the glove box option.

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Old July 2nd 05, 03:44 PM
Shag

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:39:24 GMT, "Steve Mc"
> wrote:

>I've wanted to install a cd/mp3 player in my Ghia, but all that I've seen
>won't fit the existing slot. I do not want to cut/enlarge the slot. Any
>suggestions or ideas ?
>
>Thanks,

I cut my dash to make room for a nicer radio because I wanted it to be
all nice and clean and comfy inside my bug. Here's a picture where
you can see the radio a little bit:
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/titanic/03.jpg
YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 2nd 05, 03:46 PM
Shag

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 14:44:55 GMT, Shag >
wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:39:24 GMT, "Steve Mc"
> wrote:
>
>>I've wanted to install a cd/mp3 player in my Ghia, but all that I've seen
>>won't fit the existing slot. I do not want to cut/enlarge the slot. Any
>>suggestions or ideas ?
>>
>>Thanks,

>I cut my dash to make room for a nicer radio because I wanted it to be
>all nice and clean and comfy inside my bug. Here's a picture where
>you can see the radio a little bit:
>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/titanic/03.jpg
>YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, wait... Better shot of radio:
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/titanic/14.jpg

Old July 2nd 05, 04:28 PM
Karls Vladimir Peña

That's what I call a muddy bug interior.

Old July 2nd 05, 05:38 PM
Remco

Karls Vladimir Pe=F1a wrote:
> That's what I call a muddy bug interior.

Yeah! The rest of us just get dust on the console - What the heck
happened there, Shag?!?!

Old July 2nd 05, 06:13 PM
Shag

On 2 Jul 2005 09:38:52 -0700, "Remco" > wrote:

>Karls Vladimir Peña wrote:
>> That's what I call a muddy bug interior.
>>

>Yeah! The rest of us just get dust on the console - What the heck
>happened there, Shag?!?!

Old story...
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/titanic/titanic.html
Hmm... Didn't someone say something recently about someone getting
some new material?

Old July 5th 05, 01:45 PM
Spike

I saw something at maplin.co.uk (no direct link am afraid) that allows you
to plug an mp3 player into the ariel socket of an existing ICE head to play
mp3s.

Not ideal quality but might be a solution.

I am facing same problem, don't want to cut into my 68 dash, but unsure if
want to be reaching over to glove box every time i want to change something
on stereo.

Had something in an old mini once that was like a cage that would bolt under
the dash, four small holes better than cutting the radio space, added bonus
of not havin the ugly centre console and being able to see/reach stereo
(would need a detachable face one for security purposes though)

Spike
www.soccer-stuff.net

m...

Old July 5th 05, 04:32 PM
Steve Mc

I cuurently have a 10-disk CD changer that plays through my existing stereo
( RF ?) mounted in the deck. I ran the control apparatus through the slight
space between the stereo at the dashboard opening. It works well most of the
time, but some MP3s crash the changer, and I have to go into the trunk and
reset it. That's getting to be a hassle. Also, I'm assuming it's certain
MP3s, depending on how they were encoded, because by re-encoding them, seems
to correct the problem, and that's only if I could identify which ones are
crashing the unit. That's also too big of a project , and I guess it could
also be the unit. Although it's convient to have thousands on songs
available, it's a bit of overkill, and I wouldn't mind dealing with the
1-disk player in the dash if I could find one that would fit.

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond