Engine Code P 0442

Old July 12th 05, 08:04 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

But then you have to reset your radio clock and pre sets. I jump
through hoops not to have to that.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 14th 05, 12:56 AM
Tomes

Well the check engine light went away all by itself after maybe 20 restarts
or so, not counting the on-off-on-off-on sequences to check. This is the
old Tomes way of fixing things - wait a while and it goes away.....

Thanks for your help here folks.
Tomes

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Tomes" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Tomes" > wrote in message
> >> ink.net...

Black

> > times,
> >> not

in
> >> the
> >> >

> >> You have to physically reset the code, or wait for several (I think the
> >> number is in the range of ~40) start-cycles for it to go out on it's

own.
> > It
> >> will not have gone out by now, even if the gas cap was not secured when

> > the
> >> code came up.
> >>

> > Well I guess that is where I am then, off to the land of the 40. I'm up
> > maybe 10 now....
> > Thanks.
> > I suppose physically setting the code is something I am not to do?
> >

> That is a false assumption. There is no reason you can't reset the code. I
> am not sure, but I think you can do it by unplugging the battery for
> something like 5 minutes. <I'm sure somebody will tell us the actual
> duration.> Or, you can get your hands on the code reader tool, and press a
> button. In California, AutoZone stores, and others I would guess, will

allow
> you to use a code reader tool that they keep on hand for customers. The

idea
> is that a customer will come in with the Check light on, or recently on

but
> now off, and they can use the code reader to get the code(s) and reset
> it(them), then come in and buy a shopping cart full of parts worth

hundreds

Old July 14th 05, 06:50 PM
J Strickland

Just proves that if you ignore a problem long enough, it'll go away.

ink.net...

Old July 15th 05, 04:50 AM
Tomes

..... and I love it when it actually happens.