2005 Jetta GL & GLS compare to MKV

Old September 29th 04, 05:06 PM
amty

Default 2005 Jetta GL & GLS compare to MKV

When will VW dealers in California start selling VW 2005 Jetta GL and GLS?
Is that model has much changes and any price increases?

When will VW dealers sell the MKV Jetta model?
How are the MKV models named differently with 2005 Jetta GL & GLS?

Old September 29th 04, 10:56 PM
Woodchuck

What's a MKV and is that a USA VW?

Old September 30th 04, 04:08 AM
Randolph

Woodchuck wrote:

> What's a MKV and is that a USA VW?

I think he means A5.
Old September 30th 04, 06:42 AM
Matt B.

"amty" > wrote in message
> When will VW dealers in California start selling VW 2005 Jetta GL and GLS?
> Is that model has much changes and any price increases?

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_906.shtml

A friend of mine went shopping for a Passat last weekend and I tagged along.
If the salesman is to be believed, the way VW works it is that VW holds cars
at the port and will release them to dealers only if their inventory is low.
So if a dealer still has a lot of '04 Jettas lying around, VW won't release
'05 Jettas to that dealer.

Anyway, that's what we were told...true or not I don't know. If it is true,
you'll see '05s whenever the dealer in question manages to get most of the
'04s out of his inventory.

> When will VW dealers sell the MKV Jetta model?

Spring '05 (see URL above)

> How are the MKV models named differently with 2005 Jetta GL & GLS?

Dunno that one. VW has at least a year to juggle trim levels around before
the A5 cars hit the showrooms so it's wouldn't surprise me if it's still
undecided.

Old September 30th 04, 12:40 PM
Woodchuck

We been getting 2005's for several weeks already. I'm not sure of how many
04's are left but since sells are slow I bet it's too many.

Old October 1st 04, 12:27 AM

Woodchuck wrote:

> We been getting 2005's for several weeks already. I'm not sure of how many
> 04's are left but since sells are slow I bet it's too many.
>
> "Matt B." > wrote in message
> > "amty" > wrote in message
> >> When will VW dealers in California start selling VW 2005 Jetta GL and
> >> GLS?
> >> Is that model has much changes and any price increases?

> > http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_906.shtml
> >
> > A friend of mine went shopping for a Passat last weekend and I tagged
> > along. If the salesman is to be believed, the way VW works it is that VW
> > holds cars at the port and will release them to dealers only if their
> > inventory is low. So if a dealer still has a lot of '04 Jettas lying
> > around, VW won't release '05 Jettas to that dealer.
> >
> > Anyway, that's what we were told...true or not I don't know. If it is
> > true, you'll see '05s whenever the dealer in question manages to get most
> > of the '04s out of his inventory.
> >
> >> When will VW dealers sell the MKV Jetta model?

> > Spring '05 (see URL above)
> >
> >> How are the MKV models named differently with 2005 Jetta GL & GLS?

> > Dunno that one. VW has at least a year to juggle trim levels around
> > before the A5 cars hit the showrooms so it's wouldn't surprise me if it's
> > still undecided.

it's not vw that "holds" the newer model from a particular dealer...it is the
cost of inventory that by and large "holds" the inventory to mostly bare
minimum....with plenty of '04's in jettas and certain models of passats, there
is no rush to obtain the later model of either to swell inventory...sell down
04's at discount and make a representational sample of 05's available at higher
price...each of the readers knows basics in retail...put oldest stock in front
and eye level...priced to sell...the freshest stock should always be located
behind earlier stock. the dealer has a year to sell an 05 passat and 6 months
to sell a 05 jetta. then watch out!! the new jetta is awsome; the new passat
will kick some japanese ass big time!!

regards

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 03:32 PM
2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle BMW 34 February 22nd 05 03:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 08:35 PM
buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006) Ruwan BMW 2 September 19th 04 11:27 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM