$79 on replacing Front Axle

Old January 20th 05, 05:27 AM

Default $79 on replacing Front Axle

89 Civic. I got the driver side CV-boot is torn apart.
I thought I rather spend some extra buck to replace the
whole thing. The cheapest deal on replacing whole front
axle I found was $79 including labor and part.
I can't find any more cheap.
I can do the cheap thing. I can buy rebuilt Axle for $35
but I don't have the jack-up thing to go underneath car and replace
that ****. If I hire the guy to do the job I have to pay him some 30 or
40 bucks. I thought I rather replace by the cheapest mechanic around
my city. Good idea?

Old January 20th 05, 07:28 PM
Abeness

> Not really. I remember I replaced the same price on Nissan and never
> had
> problem.

As I said, YMMV.

K2500 Front Axle Help Bob 4x4 4 December 10th 04 05:57 AM
need 88 Chev K2500 front axle expanded view Daniel 4x4 8 May 21st 04 07:08 AM
88 Jeep XJ front axle won't engage!!! James Morrow 4x4 2 January 16th 04 05:17 AM