Think you're a sim fan?

Old January 20th 05, 07:25 AM
Obake

Default Think you're a sim fan?

you need one of these

http://www.force-dynamics.com/video/..._301-lfs-1.wmv

http://www.force-dynamics.com/index.shtml
Old January 20th 05, 10:59 AM
MadDAWG

I'm gonna have to pick up a lotto ticket tonight.

MadDAWG

Old January 20th 05, 11:29 AM
Stephen F.

"Obake" > wrote in message
u...
> you need one of these
>
> http://www.force-dynamics.com/video/..._301-lfs-1.wmv
>
> http://www.force-dynamics.com/index.shtml

Finally, a motion-platform designer who understands the importance of the
proper positioning of the instant center of rotation for generating suitable
forces.

Stephen

Old January 20th 05, 12:50 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

Yes, and it is not hopelessly highly priced either. I will consider
buying a bare-bone from them, as I have my home-built pedals and using a
Logi FF wheel, I think I saw a price of around 5000 USD, which is
*within reach*...

I have been looking for some info on how they extract the data about the
different axis' movement from the OS... Couldn't find anything, is this
possible to do from the Force Feedback output, or do you need a driver
for each game specifically? All the modern day games have loads and
loads of movement info, but I wouldn't think the info was widely
available for any vendor to use... Or maybe it would work tapping into
the DirectInput system, what do I know...

---Asgeir---