Dead Man in Car Gets 3 Parking Tickets

Old March 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

Default Dead Man in Car Gets 3 Parking Tickets

This is too funny!

Even better: the estate will probably end up paying them.

Bo Raxo
--
Republican dictionary: extraordinary rendition n. Outsourcing torture

http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_...049123302.html

(AP) PEORIA, Ill. Police in Peoria now say three parking tickets and a
tow-away sticker had been placed on the sport utility vehicle in which a
dead man's body was found last week.

Officers confirmed Friday that someone in the parking-enforcement division
had issued the tickets and sticker to the SUV, which was parked illegally
near Methodist Medical Center. The ticket writer did not see the body of
46-year-old Michael Hudson of Decatur inside the black Mercedes.

Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was discovered
in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a foot
against the passenger-side, backseat window

Old March 4th 06, 12:02 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

"Bo Raxo" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> This is too funny!
>
> Even better: the estate will probably end up paying them.
>

> Bo Raxo
> --
> Republican dictionary: extraordinary rendition n. Outsourcing torture
>
> http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_...049123302.html
>
> (AP) PEORIA, Ill. Police in Peoria now say three parking tickets and a
> tow-away sticker had been placed on the sport utility vehicle in which a
> dead man's body was found last week.
>
> Officers confirmed Friday that someone in the parking-enforcement division
> had issued the tickets and sticker to the SUV, which was parked illegally
> near Methodist Medical Center. The ticket writer did not see the body of
> 46-year-old Michael Hudson of Decatur inside the black Mercedes.
>
> Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was
> discovered
> in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a
> foot
> against the passenger-side, backseat window

OK, this guy is known by local law enforcement to be missing for three weeks
and his CAR is found by local law enforcement, and the missing man's car is
not immediately impounded??? WHAT? -Dave

Old March 4th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

Dave wrote:
> "Bo Raxo" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > This is too funny!
> >
> > Even better: the estate will probably end up paying them.
> >

> > Bo Raxo
> > --
> > Republican dictionary: extraordinary rendition n. Outsourcing torture
> >
> > http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_...049123302.html
> >
> > (AP) PEORIA, Ill. Police in Peoria now say three parking tickets and a
> > tow-away sticker had been placed on the sport utility vehicle in which a
> > dead man's body was found last week.
> >
> > Officers confirmed Friday that someone in the parking-enforcement division
> > had issued the tickets and sticker to the SUV, which was parked illegally
> > near Methodist Medical Center. The ticket writer did not see the body of
> > 46-year-old Michael Hudson of Decatur inside the black Mercedes.
> >
> > Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was
> > discovered
> > in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a
> > foot
> > against the passenger-side, backseat window

> OK, this guy is known by local law enforcement to be missing for three weeks
> and his CAR is found by local law enforcement, and the missing man's car is
> not immediately impounded??? WHAT? -Dave

Your tax dollars in action!

Old March 4th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

In article et>, Dave wrote:

>> Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was
>> discovered
>> in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a
>> foot
>> against the passenger-side, backseat window

> OK, this guy is known by local law enforcement to be missing for three weeks
> and his CAR is found by local law enforcement, and the missing man's car is
> not immediately impounded??? WHAT? -Dave

3 Days, but that doesn't change matters any. The guy was missing, the
police ticket his vehicle _in person_, he's in plain view, and cannot be
found. You would think one of the three cops that ticketed the vehicle
would have noticed him, and if it's the same cop all three times at least
look around a bit, especially the one that put the toe sticker on it. If
this guy had been stopped for 'speeding' the interior would probably get
the once over for drugs....

Old March 4th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

wrote:

> >> Hudson had been reported missing February Sixth, and his body was
> >> discovered
> >> in the back seat three days later when someone walked by and noticed a
> >> foot
> >> against the passenger-side, backseat window

> > OK, this guy is known by local law enforcement to be missing for three

weeks
> > and his CAR is found by local law enforcement, and the missing man's car

is
> > not immediately impounded??? WHAT? -Dave

> 3 Days, but that doesn't change matters any. The guy was missing, the
> police ticket his vehicle _in person_, he's in plain view, and cannot be
> found. You would think one of the three cops that ticketed the vehicle
> would have noticed him, and if it's the same cop all three times at least
> look around a bit, especially the one that put the toe sticker on it. If
> this guy had been stopped for 'speeding' the interior would probably get
> the once over for drugs....

First, I wouldn't be so sure it was the police that ticketed the vehicle.
Many cities have a separate parking enforcement department, and they do the
ticketing.

A parking enforcement person wouldn't necessarily think to run the plate.
Now you would think a passing police cruiser would figure out this vehicle
matches the description of one in a missing person's report, but a Benz ML
is a pretty common vehicle in some places (it could have been a G wagon, but
that's must less likely).

Finally, where do you get he was in plain view? He was found in the back
seat, chances are the windows were tinted, it took three days for a passerby
to notice. And even then all they could see was a foot. That suggests some
limo tint on the rear windows, again not unusual especially for a Benz SUV.

Bo Raxo

Old March 4th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

In article . net>, Bo Raxo wrote:

> First, I wouldn't be so sure it was the police that ticketed the vehicle.
> Many cities have a separate parking enforcement department, and they do the
> ticketing.

It's peoria....

> Finally, where do you get he was in plain view? He was found in the back
> seat, chances are the windows were tinted, it took three days for a passerby
> to notice. And even then all they could see was a foot. That suggests some
> limo tint on the rear windows, again not unusual especially for a Benz SUV.

Passer by is a different and much lesser attention level.

Old March 4th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving

Bo Raxo wrote:
> This is too funny!
>
> Even better: the estate will probably end up paying them.
>

> Bo Raxo
> --
> Republican dictionary: extraordinary rendition n. Outsourcing torture
>
> http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_...049123302.html

Hey, a metermaid's gotta make quota somehow!

Old March 5th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Cops don't issue parking tickets - it's beneath them.

They do in many places, even in IL.

Old March 5th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>

> Remember the time I was visiting my insurance agent (whose office is
> across the parking lot from a 7-Eleven) on the day a clerk was stabbed
> to death?

-----
Ahhh... those were the days, weren't they...?

I think later that week you and Henri broke up over that little tranny
episode... then THAT NIGHT (ohmygodyouweresowasted) you met that guy at
the original Tommy's on the corner of Beverly and Rampart who'd almost
got chosen to appear on Antiques Roadshow and you were just sooo
starstruck...?

Whatever happened to you two...?
-----

- gpsman