Been Gone....

Old June 6th 06, 04:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Been Gone....

My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last
few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
every aspect of my life at the moment....

It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
novels :-/

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old June 6th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:33:05 -0500, RicSeyler >
puked:

>My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
>kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last
>few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
>is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
>and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
>every aspect of my life at the moment....
>
>It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
>novels :-/

Sorry to hear that, dude.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old June 6th 06, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

My thought are with you and the feelings you will be going through in
the future. I lost mother one year ago this week to Alzheimer's, she
just forgot to eat and breath. Signing the release to stop force
feeding was tough and still tugs at me but it was the only way left to
us.

Hang in there, it is all a part of this great life we live.

Dad

.. .

Old June 6th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I'm completely lost in
> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>
> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
> novels :-/
>
> --
> Ric Seyler

go for a drive and get some fresh air
A heartfelt good luck to ya

kickstart

Old June 6th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
> My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread
> through her
> kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn
> up for the last
> few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the
> hospital
> is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my
> accounting
> and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm
> completely lost in
> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>
> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you
> read in tragic novels :-/
>
> --
> Ric Seyler
> Online Racing: RicSeyler
> GPL Handicap 6.35

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
> remove –SPAM- from email address
> --------------------------------------
> "Homer no function beer well without."
> - H.J. Simpson

Sorry to hear Ric.
sounds like the same thing that happened with one of my
sisters in 2004.
I have felt your pain...

try and be strong,
I know its hard...

g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Old June 6th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"'Key" > wrote in message
> "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
>> kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last
>> few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
>> is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
>> and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
>> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>>
>> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
>> novels :-/

Sorry, just went through thing with my Father a couple months back. The
Hospice suggestion is a good one. He was able to pass in his own bed
surrounded by family. Hard but best for all of us..............

brian

Old June 6th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Aloha Ric ....bruce has a great site at
http://www.survivecancerfoundation.org/

also http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm good cancer info ...might
help....all the best...michael
.. .

Old June 7th 06, 12:01 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

RicSeyler wrote:
> My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
> kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last
> few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
> is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
> and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>
> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
> novels :-/

Welcome back Ric,
Knowing that there's a goodbye around the corner is a tough
circumstance. Hospice is a tough call. I think the biggest thing is to
support your Mother's desires and wishes in the matter. May you do well
through all of what's ahead. Hope you can find a place that's close yet
not too subject to hurricane evacuation.

--
PJ
Old June 7th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Sorry to hear of your mom Ric ; My 51 year old good friend is in a
hospice right now with cancer spreading from his lungs to spine to ? .
He is going to leave behind a couple of young teenagers , 24 year old
son, wife, and many Corvette buddies. Im just so glad he knows The
Lord and has gotton right with God.

Old June 7th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
> My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her
> kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last
> few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
> is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting
> and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in
> every aspect of my life at the moment....
>
> It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic
> novels :-/

Ric, I am truly sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis. Mine died in 1998
after fighting colorectal cancer for years. Radiation, chemotherapy,
surgeries including an eventual colostomy...she endured it all. The last
six months were awful, the last six weeks she wasn't herself anymore. I
just watched the number on the morphine drip climb higher and higher. At
least she wasn't in pain. Cancer is a horrible thing. One wonders if the
money we've thrown down a rat hole in the Middle East could possibly result
in cures or prevention. But that's politics...

I wish you and your Mom the best possible time, however much is left. She
will need your strength and support and I'm sure she can count on that. I
would only remind you that this is the cycle of life, and in some ways is a
good order for the world.

One of the best things I've ever read is an essay by Lewis Thomas titled
"Death in the Open" in his book "The Lives of a Cell." I'd recommend it to
anyone struggling with the gigantic issue of life and death.

My best,

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)