dodge avenger code = po300d

Old August 16th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pamajen

Default dodge avenger code = po300d

Help. It is me again. Just had a tune-up on my 98 avenger. And now as I
slow down and then depress the gas it does not want to go. Brake pedal
starts to lock, etc. Hooked to a computer today. Code was P0300D - was
told "misfire"
either the distributor or computer. Both are expensive. Anyone know
anything about this or have any advice? Single mom - I need to really
watch the expense, but Have to have a way to go.
The dealership said I could take it to then for further test which will be
97.50. HELP

Old August 16th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pamajen

I was also wondering if the tune-up that was done was just a temp fix or
could something be wrong with that work?

Old August 16th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"pamajen" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Help. It is me again. Just had a tune-up on my 98 avenger. And now as I
> slow down and then depress the gas it does not want to go. Brake pedal
> starts to lock, etc. Hooked to a computer today. Code was P0300D - was
> told "misfire"
> either the distributor or computer. Both are expensive. Anyone know
> anything about this or have any advice? Single mom - I need to really
> watch the expense, but Have to have a way to go.
> The dealership said I could take it to then for further test which will be
> 97.50. HELP

First of all Mom why not take it back to the place that did the tune up? You
are getting a cylinder misfire code and obviously the tune up didn't fix it.
If they cant diagnose you vehicle then take it to a good known dealer that
will fix it and get your money back on the tune up.

If they are telling you that it needs a distributor or a computer they have
no idea what is wrong with your car because that isn't going to fix it.

My opinion

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

1998 Dodge Avenger Starting Problems Hammer108 Dodge 0 June 17th 06 08:20 PM
1999 Dodge Intrepid. Reading check engine code. Usual Suspect Dodge 1 November 20th 05 05:57 PM
1998 dodge avenger v6 cole30 Dodge 2 November 5th 05 12:11 AM
Graduate Students Unlock Code of 'Thiefproof' Car Key MrPepper11 Technology 14 February 1st 05 10:47 PM
2000 dodge avenger oil pressure 2.5 L engine problem?? pbenulis Dodge 0 October 4th 04 07:49 PM