MB C230 vs BMW 320i

Old March 25th 04, 05:32 AM
aniram

Default MB C230 vs BMW 320i

Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 1.8l in line 4 189 HP
BMW 320i 2.2 l DOHC inline 6 168 HP
Some questions :
1. Dollar for dollar, performance as well as quality, which car is a
better car?
2. In Canada, where the above two cars manufactured ? local, from the
US, or imported from Germany?
3. When you buy them used (2-3 years old), which one is likely fallen
out more than the other?
4. Which one holds a better customer satisfaction?
5. How about a comparison with an Audi A4?
6. How's these two cars compared with Japanese top of the line (Lexus,
Infiniti or Acura)?
7. How's these two cars compared with regular Japanese cars
(Honda,Toyota)?
Old March 25th 04, 06:38 AM
Miro

"aniram" > wrote in message
om...
> Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 1.8l in line 4 189 HP
> BMW 320i 2.2 l DOHC inline 6 168 HP
> Some questions :
> 1. Dollar for dollar, performance as well as quality, which car is a
> better car?
> 2. In Canada, where the above two cars manufactured ? local, from the
> US, or imported from Germany?
> 3. When you buy them used (2-3 years old), which one is likely fallen
> out more than the other?
> 4. Which one holds a better customer satisfaction?
> 5. How about a comparison with an Audi A4?
> 6. How's these two cars compared with Japanese top of the line (Lexus,
> Infiniti or Acura)?
> 7. How's these two cars compared with regular Japanese cars
> (Honda,Toyota)?

Why dont you just drive each car and toss a coin. If you dont like it,
change over to the other brand in 8 years.

Old March 25th 04, 01:19 PM
Andrew Thomas

(aniram) wrote in message . com>...
> Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 1.8l in line 4 189 HP
> BMW 320i 2.2 l DOHC inline 6 168 HP
> Some questions :
> 1. Dollar for dollar, performance as well as quality, which car is a
> better car?

If you like the BMW, the BMW. Vice-versa for the Mercedes.

> 2. In Canada, where the above two cars manufactured ? local, from the
> US, or imported from Germany?

Canada gets cars specially imported from Germany. All other BMWs and
Mercs are built in the USA, of course.

> 3. When you buy them used (2-3 years old), which one is likely fallen
> out more than the other?

You mean depreciated? Probably the BMW.

> 4. Which one holds a better customer satisfaction?

Dunno - ask JD Power. Bear in mind the owners of BMWs, Mercs and
other premium-priced cars tend to expect more, and are pickier, then
buyers of cars who either aren't enthusiasts or who just want cars to
get them from A to B and couldn't care less about poor engine response
over 5,000 rpm, or squeaks and rattles.

> 5. How about a comparison with an Audi A4?

Yes, you can compare them .

> 6. How's these two cars compared with Japanese top of the line (Lexus,
> Infiniti or Acura)?

It's funny. Only one of those three brands is actually available in
the domestic market. I doubt BMW or Mercedes took them particularly
seriously.

> 7. How's these two cars compared with regular Japanese cars
> (Honda,Toyota)?

Regular Japanese cars, also built in the US, tend to be more reliable
but less fun to drive.
Old March 25th 04, 08:40 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

What do you you mean by "domestic" market? Canada or Germany?

Aniram, yes, toss a coin, do a test drive. The cars may be very broadly
similar in size (Merc a tad bigger), but are the engines comparable?
A souped up 1.8-l 4-cyl vs 2.2 standard 6-cyl?

Important question: would you like a special view down the bonnet with that
sight at the end to point the way, or just the standard view you see out of
just about any other car? :-)

DAS
---

"Andrew Thomas" > wrote in message

. com>...

Old March 25th 04, 11:58 PM
KB

Neither.

Go with the Mercedes C320 coupe - bigger motor, more HP, way better torque
and a **** load more fun to drive.

I tested both befroe buying my C320 Coupe. Slso test drove the BMW325 and
330 versions. Liked the C320 better...

Cheers
KB

om...

Old March 26th 04, 05:31 PM
Fred W.

"KB" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Neither.
>
> Go with the Mercedes C320 coupe - bigger motor, more HP, way better torque
> and a **** load more fun to drive.

Sure, if you like driving cars with automatic transmissions... Blah.

-Fred W

Old March 26th 04, 07:59 PM
KB

Fred - get your facts straight dude - the C320 sport coupe can have either
the 6 sp gearbox or the automatic. Mine happens to have the 6 speed gearbox
and as I said is a **** load of fun to drive... more HP, torque and 6 gears

Cheers
KB

1986 320i Prob Gilly L BMW 3 December 19th 04 10:10 PM
Baffling fuelling/electronic problems E30/M20 320i [long] Al BMW 1 November 29th 04 08:39 PM