R.I.P Brocky

Old September 16th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Default R.I.P Brocky

PAPADOC wrote:

> Sorry but when my favorite F1 driver was killed I didn't call Senna a Hero.
> Being a hero has nothing to do with sports. My opinion. Heroes are Firemen who
> race into buildings when everyone else races out, police officers who face those
> others turn away from, and soldiers who stand on the edges of civilization
> making sure my family and I sleep safe. Sports greats are wonderful but not
> heroes.

Heroes are defined as people who perform acts of bravery or achieve
great things. I appreciate your point of view, but to many racing
drivers are their heroes. Out of respect for the title of this thread I
personally think we should leave it there and not get dragged into a
troll post.

Cheers
Tony
Old September 17th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PAPADOC

Absolutely sorry to appear troll like.

Pierre
>Heroes are defined as people who perform acts of bravery or achieve
>great things. I appreciate your point of view, but to many racing
>drivers are their heroes. Out of respect for the title of this thread I
>personally think we should leave it there and not get dragged into a
>troll post.
>
>Cheers
>Tony

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
Old September 17th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

"PAPADOC" > wrote in message

>>"COREY" > wrote in message
om...

>>> No. I was pointing out the fact that Steve Irwin is not a hero.

>> Tell that too the worlds wildlife you witless ****!
>>

> hehe..You talk to animals? Neat trick.
>
> Sorry but when my favorite F1 driver was killed I didn't call Senna a
> Hero.
> Being a hero has nothing to do with sports. My opinion. Heroes are Firemen
> who
> race into buildings when everyone else races out, police officers who face
> those
> others turn away from, and soldiers who stand on the edges of civilization
> making sure my family and I sleep safe. Sports greats are wonderful but
> not
> heroes.
>
> Pierre PAPADOC Legrand
> My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
> www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html

Well here's another definition of hero - someone who kills off dopey
****s like you.

I've seen some self righteous ****wits in my time in their own little
worlds - you're up there with the best of them dickhead!

Pathetic.

PS - you should change "blog" to "bog" in that sig.

Old September 18th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

There is no ****en man upstairs.

Old September 18th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Someone

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> He's probably giving the man upstairs some driving tips as we type!
>>

> There is no ****en man upstairs.

He may not be ****ing, but he sure as hell makes a racket thumping around
with those size 14 feet of his and keeping me awake!

Next time I get the apartment on the top floor!

Old September 18th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Someone

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> Heroes are defined as people who perform acts of bravery or achieve great
> things. I appreciate your point of view, but to many racing drivers are
> their heroes. Out of respect for the title of this thread I personally
> think we should leave it there and not get dragged into a troll post.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

I'm sorry Tony, but this is only partially true.

While we may think of the classical designation of "hero" to be those who
have committed feats of bravery, the definition of the word doesn't only
encompass these people. People who have shown nobility of purpose or are
noted for special achievement in a particular field, are also classified as
"heroes" (thanks American Heritage Dictionary), so, Steve Irwin and Peter
Brock, could quite correctly be called "heroes" in their particular fields.

Old September 18th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> He's probably giving the man upstairs some driving tips as we type!
>>

> There is no ****en man upstairs.

Got bad news for you there - or maybe good - depends on your
perspective.

How about "****wit" upstairs? Or do you insist we are all alone in the
big bad universe?

Old September 18th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

"Someone" > wrote in message

> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
>> Heroes are defined as people who perform acts of bravery or achieve great
>> things. I appreciate your point of view, but to many racing drivers are
>> their heroes. Out of respect for the title of this thread I personally
>> think we should leave it there and not get dragged into a troll post.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

> I'm sorry Tony, but this is only partially true.
>
> While we may think of the classical designation of "hero" to be those who
> have committed feats of bravery, the definition of the word doesn't only
> encompass these people. People who have shown nobility of purpose or are
> noted for special achievement in a particular field, are also classified
> as "heroes" (thanks American Heritage Dictionary), so, Steve Irwin and
> Peter Brock, could quite correctly be called "heroes" in their particular
> fields.

Very well put.

But the main point here is how much of a pig ignorant **** you'd have to
be to be pedantic about this crap considering the subject matter.

R.I.P. Ronnie Sox Motorhead Lawyer Driving 2 April 25th 06 12:48 AM
Known Pioneers R.I.P. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo- Driving 0 March 26th 06 11:17 PM
E39 A/C - R.I.P.? Touring BMW 4 May 30th 05 06:12 AM
GM, Ford credit rated junk...R.I.P. Albatross' [email protected] Driving 12 May 12th 05 08:29 PM