33s and 4.10s

Old July 26th 05, 06:44 AM
Jerry Bransford

Afraid you're wrong Bill. Both the c-clip and non-clip versions are
both called Dana 35c. The "c" in Dana 35c does not, as you should have
known by now, stands for "Custom" and has nothing to do with whether or
not it is a c-clip design or not.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/d35c.html

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 26th 05, 06:45 AM
Jerry Bransford

Afraid you're wrong Bill. Both the c-clip and non-clip versions are
both called Dana 35c. The "c" in Dana 35c does not, as you should have
known by now, stands for c-clip, it stands for "Custom" which has

Old July 26th 05, 06:47 AM
Jerry Bransford

Read up on it at http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/d35c.html

Old July 26th 05, 06:55 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A quote form your page: "Dana 35c does not stand for C-clip, it
stands for custom. They are custom because they are shipped incomplete
from the Dana factory to Chrysler and Chrysler completes the build." So
you really believe Chrysler built the Dana 35 for American Motors
Corp.????????
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 26th 05, 04:18 PM
Jerry Bransford

Bill you've been drinking again.

Old July 26th 05, 04:50 PM
Earle Horton

These two old guys are pretty funny, aren't they?

Note: Lots of manufacturers use the C-clip design, not just Chrysler
Corporation in Jeeps. The first time I became aware of it was in a '69 Nova
station wagon, with the right rear axle sticking out about a foot into
traffic. My three quarter ton Suburban uses it. I have also seen
semi-floating axles, with the press-fit sleeve, let go too. Now that is
interesting!

I don't think that the 35C is an especially bad design, unless you have the
six cylinder engine or take the vehicle off road...

Earle