The spray is not visible so it is still legal.

Old March 17th 05, 04:32 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
link.net:

> "Erica" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.
>
> If my memory serves me correctly, radar-blocking devices are illegal in
> Portland. They've cut you off at the pass.

Photoblocker is a spray that causes the plate to reflect overwhelmingly so
that it is unreadable by flash photo,but not visible with ordinary
eyesight.
It does not affect radar in any way.
Some states have laws making altering a plate *in any way* to be a
violation.Florida is one of them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 17th 05, 04:35 PM
Jim Yanik

"The Office Jet" > wrote in
ups.com:

> The spray basically masks the license plate? Is that how it works?
> Anyone know the details of this kinda stuff?

A photoflash reflects so much light the dynamic range of the camera is
exceeded,and the digits are unreadable.
Probably some ultrafine mica in a clear lacquer to cause high reflectivity.
(SWAG)

The high reflectivity part is fact.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 17th 05, 08:24 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

"Scott in the ArkLaTex" > wrote in message

> I must admit, you and your sockpuppets are getting quite creative with
> your SPAM.

Scott, you are WAY too jaded.

Reading between the lines in that original post - all that raison d'etre
stuff and crows flying and the emergence of self-driving confidence, I
suspect that the mere act of everyone spraying this on their license plates
is bound to bring harmony to ENTIRE world.

I can just imagine it: LLBs, 85th percentile advocates. law enforcement
officers, tailgaters, government revenue generators, SUV drivers and sports
car drivers smiling and tipping their hats to each other as they go by,
maybe even pulling over and having tea together on little white-cloth tables
right there on the roadside. Heck, I think it might even end global
terrorism

Are you so blind that you can't see it? Don't you think all of that is worth
the mere $19.95 or whatever it is and the time it takes simply to spray it
on your plates. I do. I surely do.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Old March 17th 05, 10:01 PM
Jessica

Furious George wrote:
> The Office Jet wrote:
> > The spray basically masks the license plate? Is that how it works?
> > Anyone know the details of this kinda stuff?

> Yes. Let me explain the process.
>
> (1) You buy the photoblocker spray.
> (2) You spray your license plate.
> (3) You are caught on camera speeding.
> (4) It takes about a month to process and send out your ticket.
> (5) You brighten up and realize the spray doesn't work.
> (6) You ask for your money back.
> (7) You realize you aren't going to get your money back.
>
> Any questions.

1. Photoblocker spray works
2. It works for cameras that use flash
3. If it only works for one time that i was going to get a ticket and
saved me $300 or more it had paid back for how much I have bought it
for.
4. Do not be cheap and cry for the product that is actually doing you a
favor
5. .............
6. .............

Old March 17th 05, 11:58 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jessica" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Furious George wrote:
>> The Office Jet wrote:
>> > The spray basically masks the license plate? Is that how it works?
>> > Anyone know the details of this kinda stuff?

>> Yes. Let me explain the process.
>>
>> (1) You buy the photoblocker spray.
>> (2) You spray your license plate.
>> (3) You are caught on camera speeding.
>> (4) It takes about a month to process and send out your ticket.
>> (5) You brighten up and realize the spray doesn't work.
>> (6) You ask for your money back.
>> (7) You realize you aren't going to get your money back.
>>
>> Any questions.

> 1. Photoblocker spray works
> 2. It works for cameras that use flash
> 3. If it only works for one time that i was going to get a ticket and
> saved me $300 or more it had paid back for how much I have bought it
> for.
> 4. Do not be cheap and cry for the product that is actually doing you a
> favor

Or, you could just do what I do: don't run red lights. That will save you
the cost of this spray and the cost of a ticket.

Old March 18th 05, 03:38 PM
Anthony Giorgianni

"Scott in the ArkLaTex" > wrote in message
..
..> Perhaps. Although spending a week in the ArkLatex has had some
> theraputic properties. I have yet to see a single MFFY incident on the
> local roads since I've been here. Not even an LLB! Drivers here are
> courteous, friendly, they wave to each other - hell, they probably all
> know each other(*). They just don't pull all that MFFY bull****. I've
> had nothing to complain about all week!!

Probably the DMV there is secreyly spraying everyone's plates!!!!

Old March 19th 05, 03:03 AM
Jim

Erica wrote:
> The fanatical attentiveness on speed has produced a nation of nervous
> drivers whose confidence appears to have been destroyed. Nobody wants
> to overtake these days and, if overtaken, most drivers react with
> annoyance. Skill, judgment and anticipation have gone out of the window
> and our roads are more dangerous as a result.
>
> And I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.

Here is my opinion, from the website highwayrobbery.net.

FAQ # 11: What about license plate covers, windshield sprays, or even
wearing a mask, so the camera can't get a clear photo of your plates or
your face?

Answer: Aside from the controversy as to whether covers or sprays can
actually blur the photos as claimed by their marketers, there is the
problem that the average person who gets a red light camera ticket is
not a speeder or aggressive driver, but is older, drives at moderate
speeds and has a clean driving record, so doesn't think that they would
ever get a red light camera ticket. Thus, it's not likely that they
would purchase and install protective measures "just in case."
If you decide to wear a mask, be sure it doesn't cover your eyes or
restrict your peripheral vision.

And, if you would like to find out about the sprays, visit the website
of Phantomplate, Inc., the manufacturer of PhotoBlocker(tm) spray.

[Yes, even I have a spam ad for Photoblocker.]

And by the way, you can recognize me when I drive by, by my Tinkerbell mask.

Jim
Old April 1st 05, 04:32 PM
Alex

The spray is not visible so it is still legal.

The police would not be able to know that the license plate has been
tampered. Photoblocker spray is a clear spray and illegible to the
naked eyes, no one will know that you have it on. Look at their
website:
http://www.photoblocker.com/lo_faq.htm

Old April 2nd 05, 02:13 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 4/1/2005 7:32 AM, Alex wrote:

<snip photoblocker sockpuppet spam>

I wouldn't _ever_ buy this stuff, if for no more reason than I wouldn't
ever patronize spammers.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.