Reliability ratings

Old June 21st 05, 12:52 AM

Default Reliability ratings

At least they are not Consumers Guile (or are they?)....

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/ratin...ndJdAwards.jsp

Allows you to pull up max 4 cars and see what others think about them.

Old June 21st 05, 03:05 AM
James C. Reeves

> wrote in message
. ..
> At least they are not Consumers Guile (or are they?)....
>
> http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/ratin...ndJdAwards.jsp
>
> Allows you to pull up max 4 cars and see what others think about them.

The 2003 Malibu was their top rated car for the class...I bought
one...biggest POS I ever owned. Dumped it after 9 months. So, I bought the
lowest rated model in the class (the Chrysler Sebring). Had it now almost 2
years and not a single warranty problem (or any problem) so far. Love the
car. So my advise is to take these award entities with a grain of salt and
a fair amount of skepticism.

Old June 21st 05, 04:51 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, James C. Reeves wrote:

[JD Power]

> The 2003 Malibu was their top rated car for the class...I bought
> one...biggest POS I ever owned. Dumped it after 9 months. So, I bought
> the lowest rated model in the class (the Chrysler Sebring). Had it now
> almost 2 years and not a single warranty problem (or any problem) so
> far. Love the car.

Sounds a lot like my experience with Consumer Reports.
Old June 21st 05, 12:09 PM

"James C. Reeves" > wrote in message

> The 2003 Malibu was their top rated car for the class...I bought
> one...biggest POS I ever owned. Dumped it after 9 months. So, I bought

the
> lowest rated model in the class (the Chrysler Sebring). Had it now almost

2
> years and not a single warranty problem (or any problem) so far. Love the
> car. So my advise is to take these award entities with a grain of salt

and
> a fair amount of skepticism.

Unfortunate, but not totally unexpected.

reliability of cars used cars in BMW 523,528 bracket levyte357 BMW 0 February 8th 05 03:01 AM
New AI ratings for NR03 for 2005? TlgtrProd Simulators 0 January 26th 05 02:32 PM
Very medicore mech reliability JD Power scores for 2001 Audi A6? [email protected] Technology 4 December 22nd 04 12:34 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
Saturn reliability: 135,000 -> 175,000 David Teichholtz Saturn 0 May 19th 04 04:30 AM