Audi part numbers sources?

Old August 23rd 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Christoph Bollig

Default Audi part numbers sources?

Hi everyone,

It's becoming more and more difficult to get part numbers from the
local audi dealers (and they often don't really know what they are
doing either). Are there any sources for part numbers, either on the
web or programs with the microfiche information (like the ones the
dealers use)?

Are the part numbers the same in the USA and in Europe?

Thanks a lot,

Christoph
Old August 23rd 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
Christoph Bollig > wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It's becoming more and more difficult to get part numbers from the
> local audi dealers (and they often don't really know what they are
> doing either). Are there any sources for part numbers, either on the
> web or programs with the microfiche information (like the ones the
> dealers use)?
>
> Are the part numbers the same in the USA and in Europe?

What you need is a copy of ETKA ... often to be found advertised on
ebay.

--
Peter Bell -
Old August 23rd 06, 08:29 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Christoph Bollig

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:54:40 +0100, Peter Bell >
wrote:

> In message >
> Christoph Bollig > wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > It's becoming more and more difficult to get part numbers from the
> > local audi dealers (and they often don't really know what they are
> > doing either). Are there any sources for part numbers, either on the
> > web or programs with the microfiche information (like the ones the
> > dealers use)?
> >
> > Are the part numbers the same in the USA and in Europe?

> What you need is a copy of ETKA ... often to be found advertised on
> ebay.

Thanks. Do you know whether shops sell these as well, or is it only
available through ebay?

Thanks,

Christoph

Old August 23rd 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mire

"Christoph Bollig" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:54:40 +0100, Peter Bell >
> wrote:
>
>> In message >
>> Christoph Bollig > wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > It's becoming more and more difficult to get part numbers from the
>> > local audi dealers (and they often don't really know what they are
>> > doing either). Are there any sources for part numbers, either on the
>> > web or programs with the microfiche information (like the ones the
>> > dealers use)?
>> >
>> > Are the part numbers the same in the USA and in Europe?

>> What you need is a copy of ETKA ... often to be found advertised on
>> ebay.

> Thanks. Do you know whether shops sell these as well, or is it only
> available through ebay?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christoph

VAG group seem to like to restrict virtually all knowledge and official
documentation to their dealers, hence availablecopies of ETKA have been
"liberated" at some point in their lives and copied and are thus available
only through "unofficial" sources.

Old August 24th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Doug Warner

"Mire" > wrote:

>VAG group seem to like to restrict virtually all knowledge and official
>documentation to their dealers, hence availablecopies of ETKA have been
>"liberated" at some point in their lives and copied and are thus available
>only through "unofficial" sources.

Yep.. I recently posted a query to Audi on how do I obtain a legal
copy of the ETKA EPC. They called me back today to say it's only
available to dealers, and that it requires an online connection to
Audi (false)

Currently, all the software I have has been legally obtained. If I
can find the current USA ETKA, with the connector housing/pin
information, I'll probably have to make an exception to my
long-standing software acquisition rule.
Thanks a lot Audi, for pushing me toward the dark side..
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Old August 25th 06, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dan[_5_]

Doug Warner wrote:
> "Mire" > wrote:
>
> >VAG group seem to like to restrict virtually all knowledge and official
> >documentation to their dealers, hence availablecopies of ETKA have been
> >"liberated" at some point in their lives and copied and are thus available
> >only through "unofficial" sources.
> >

> Yep.. I recently posted a query to Audi on how do I obtain a legal
> copy of the ETKA EPC. They called me back today to say it's only
> available to dealers, and that it requires an online connection to
> Audi (false)
>
> Currently, all the software I have has been legally obtained. If I
> can find the current USA ETKA, with the connector housing/pin
> information, I'll probably have to make an exception to my
> long-standing software acquisition rule.
> Thanks a lot Audi, for pushing me toward the dark side..
> --
> Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
> Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Yes, ETKA/ETOS were designed to work only if you had a Hardware lock on
your computer (a device that goes on the parralel port of the PC), but
people have figured out work arounds to this security, thus the reason
you can find copies on the internet. Personally I'd never buy
unofficial software off of eBay because they are making money off of
something they didn't create. ETKA is readily available online. Just
do a search for it and learn how to use Torrents.