Winter and the Ion

Old December 30th 04, 08:04 PM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:13:24 -0500, bosco took >
wrote:

>Rev Turd Fredericks wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:52:37 -0500, bosco took >
>> wrote:

>>>Rev.....I live in Willowdale :-)

>> Cool. Many moons ago I went to AY Jackson Highschool. I am always
>> running into willowdillians, even in Southern California. I was at a
>> conference at UCLA a few months back. I heard a girl talking in the
>> elevator about UofT and I asked her where she is from. "Willowdale"
>> she said. Turns out she grew up just on the other side of the train
>> tracks from me at Van Horne and Leslie, just a few hundred yards as
>> the crow flies. I moved there as a five year old in 1966 and moved
>> away in 1991. Who knows, we may have crossed paths at some point.
>>
>> --
>> 10 things men know about women:
>> 1)?2)?3)?4)?5)?6)?7)?8)?9)?10) women have breasts

>My son (now 30 )went to AY and we live not too far from it...between
>Leslie and Bayview just south of Steeles

It truely is a small world isn't it?

Old December 31st 04, 05:07 AM
David

Last winter we left our 2000 Saturn LS2 our all day at minus 35; it started
good, but the system computer limited the speed until the engine was warm
enough to use the power.
That is pretty good; at minus 20 our Chyrsler was totally dead.

We just discovered yesterday that our '95 Chevy had a defective block
heater. It started good every day; same GM ignition as the the Saturn

David

Old January 3rd 05, 05:04 AM
Michael Halliwell

bosco took wrote:
> I live in Toronto where it frequently drops below 0 degrees fahrenheit.
> I am considering getting a 2005 Ion2. I would appreciate any and all
> feedback as to whether there any problems starting an Ion in such
> temperatures. I own a 2001 SL2 and never have had a problem

Well, I have an '03 Ion 4 door and live in Edmonton...2 winters now,
including -40 weather and no problems. Having the battery in the trunk
helps too...less chance of it freezing up overnight or during a day at
the office.

Mike H
Old January 28th 05, 08:46 PM
NoSetFine

Bad day for me to read THIS one!

5:45am, -20something°C in an ION 3 and it wouldn't start. Turn the key and
it gives a brief and reluctant "rrr" then seized up like it was a dead
battery, except all the lights and fixtures worked fine.

Tried a couple times after that - nothing (not even the "rrr"). Pushed the
car into the street, started my wife's HONDA (which started fine) and
boosted the SATURN, no dice - waited about 3 minutes (with the Honda still
pumping away), then it finally turned over.

Cold and ****ed and late for work...

-e